Algae Eating Shrimps

Wyld-Fyre

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Why're algae eating shrimps so expensive? In my LFS, they're about £4 each and the cheapest I've found is £2. This being an LFS, that is approx. 25 miles away! Needless to say I've only purchased ONE of these on one of my (many) shopping trips!

Anyhow, just a question. Anyone, with experience , who can tell me if any of my fishes can attack/kill my lonely shrimp? (Click on my profile for the list)

Until that time, this lovely critter is staying put in my spare tank.

Im not sure about your kribs having never had any, but I dont see any other of your fish being problem.

I have 2 algae eating shrimps that cost me £2.50 each near me...expensive yes but very cool. especially when a fish disturbs them and they swim away using their little legs to propel them through the water :D

Your getting ripped the hell off!!!

I got 5 Amano Shrimp for £5 from my lfs!

They are famous for eating algae!

I'd change my lfs if I were you!!!

Since I'm closer to London than you guys, I think that's mainly the reason why things are so much more expensive. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that its even cheaper in, say, Northern England?

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about the pricing in my local LFSs. I do omit Garden Centre fish shop add-ons because they are inexorbitantly more expensive.

Thanks for the info guys, but I have a sneaky suspicion my shrimp would be no match against the Kribs. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a prong on its head to protect itself, much like the saltwater varieties.

Most reactions

Back