Algae Eaters For A 10 Gallon

sic0198

Fish Herder
Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Can a BN pleco be kept in a 10 gallion. What are some other good and adequate algae eaters for a 10 US gallon?
 
It can, but it would be happier in a 20g.

Depending on the type of algae, depends on the type of algae eater really, Plecs arent the greatest algae eaters.
 
I didn't know shrimp were good at that. Would shrimp and fem. bettas get along? If I put shrimp and a pleco in a 20 gallon, will they get along?

BN Plecos do a great job IMO.
 
What fish are in the tank ? Snails or Ottos may work depending. Yes, my Bristlenose is pretty good at keeping the tank clean. 10 gallons is a bit small for one, one of the reasons is they produce alot of waste.
 
I didn't know shrimp were good at that. Would shrimp and fem. bettas get along? If I put shrimp and a pleco in a 20 gallon, will they get along?

BN Plecos do a great job IMO.

Depends on the betta. Some would get long fine, some would probably attack them..

I don't think plec's eat other fish or shrimps
 
Amano shrimp (you would need a small cave system for them ideally) would be perfect or a Nerite snail both would be safe to the majority of fish that would live in a 10 gallon.
 
My bettas do like to chase one another but there is just for/ I am gonnaa move 'em to a 20 high in about a week. I have a BN albino pleco in my 10 gallon, he/she is gonna be rehomed too.

I'm either gonna get a 20 galln high or a 38 gallon.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top