Albino Cory, why is she so fat?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Misha Wiggins

Reaction score
She has been this size for a couple of months now At first I thought she was gravid. Now I'm starting to wonder. Cory's are in an outdoor 200 gallon pond with a betta sorority and 2 trapdoor snails for the summer. In the winter I move them all indoors. Originally I only had 4 cories, just bought 3 more. She acts normal. Any thing I should be worried about?

Attachments

• 20190704_133033.jpg
    20190704_133033.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 285
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

If the fish is still eating normally, pooping normally, and swimming about normally, then it is probably just full of eggs. If you have a mature male in the tank, you can try doing a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a couple of weeks. Use slightly cooler water when filling the tank (2 or 3 degrees cooler is sufficient), to simulate rainfall.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

If you have a mature pr (male & female), the big daily water changes will usually encourage them to breed. They lay eggs on the glass and other hard flat surfaces. The parents don't normally eat the eggs or young but other fishes in the tank might.

-----------------
The following link has information about culturing live foods for baby fish.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/back-to-basics-when-breeding-fish.448304/

Most reactions

trending

Back