Aggressive Female

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Behold

Fishaholic
Reaction score
One of my female opalines have just got very aggressive tonight. will it she calm down or should i think of removing her??? She was always a little aggressive but calmed down and now is niping fins. should i think of removing here? i have remodles half the tank to see if it calms things down. and i kind of like the renewed version... has made me want more plants.....

What are its tankmates? opaline gouramis can become agressive at times without waring. It could also be stress. If it is attacking another gourami, it is probably because she is ready to spawn, but her selected mate is not.

What are its tankmates? opaline gouramis can become agressive at times without waring. It could also be stress. If it is attacking another gourami, it is probably because she is ready to spawn, but her selected mate is not.

there are 2 x opalines (Female) 2 pearls (Male and female) and RTBS oh and 2 gibbs. the opaline mainly attacks the other but sometimes the male pearl

I think it is territorial behaviour in a tank which is slightly too small for 4 gouramis. Normally you would allow 10 gallons/gourami for them to lay out their territory, and I see from your signature that you have 30 gallons.

You could try to compensate for that with a heavily planted tank with lots of hiding places, but if that doesn't lower the agression, all you can do is take out the opaline female.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back