African Pike

randymyr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was at the store and I seen these cool fish called African pike (same time i seen the crocodile fish) and these guys look pretty cool, I'm actually half tempted to buy one, but the only problem is, i have no clue about them at all, anyone got any facts about them? like, what is best to feed them, size tank, etc.

I was at the store and I seen these cool fish called African pike (same time i seen the crocodile fish) and these guys look pretty cool, I'm actually half tempted to buy one, but the only problem is, i have no clue about them at all, anyone got any facts about them? like, what is best to feed them, size tank, etc.

OK, did a search for you.

If this is the correct african pike you're looking for...

http://www.riverwonders.com/product_info.p...984b8c3254f3b46

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...p?article_id=35

Yer one of those links is really good, see this I've copied from it-

The African pike characin
Hepsetus odoe

Size: eventual size of the species 60cm/24" - while this is quite possible, in my experience I have never raised one any larger than 30cm/12".

Aquarium care: The minimum size tank for a single fish would be 120 x 45 x 45cm (48" x 18" x 18"), and 180 x 45 x 45cm (60" x 18" x 18") for a couple. The best set-up includes plenty of cover in the way of plants, driftwood, etc. Standard, fairly bright lights will be fine, so long as you provide them with cover so they have a good sense of security. Avoid any sharp tank decor.

Water parameters: Provide a pH of 7.0-7.5, temperature 76-79�F, GH 8-18 - this is not a fussy fish as far as water chemistry is concerned.

Diet: This fish can be difficult to feed with �dead� food, so you may have to feed live food at the start.

Sweet, thanks
So I'll see what they're feeding theirs, and I'll just keep feeding them that
Also I'll make sure I get, at least, a 50-60 gallon tank, alright guys, thanks

Most reactions

Back