African Dwarf Frog

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

GSOpetsitter

Reaction score
Hi all.
I had a pair of ADFs, but one died last month. I know they do better in pairs, so I want to get a friend for the remaining ADF. How do I go about introducing a newbie?

I would do the same as introducing a fish, purchase the frog, float the bag, and depending on how different your water is from the store water maybe do the drip method.
If the old one seems to be aggressive you can get putting a divider in the tank so they can get uses to each other

I would do the same as introducing a fish, purchase the frog, float the bag, and depending on how different your water is from the store water maybe do the drip method.
If the old one seems to be aggressive you can get putting a divider in the tank so they can get uses to each other
Thank you so much!

Hello and welcome to the forum. Do you have the ADF in it's own tank, it is better for them to have their own tank with no fish but maybe a snail or two. I would just add the 2nd frog and watch how they get along.
Thanks a bunch! He is a single frog in a 5 gal with an otto cat fish. Before the other frog died, it was all 3 of them together. They did well for a few years.

If you can I would highly suggest getting a bigger tank for your oto. It would be best for them to be in a group of at least 6, but more is always better. Dont add anymore if you cant upgrade sizes though :)

ADF are very social and live in large groups. Introducing a new one isnt a problem as they arent territorial. If you could getting a larger tank would help and allow you to keep more.
As for the Otto, they are schooling fish and are also social and belong in groups. A 5 gallon is too small for a group of ottos.
If one feels the need to have algae eater in a 5 gallon snails and/or shrimp are more appropriate for that size tank. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back