African Clawed Frogs

Jenste

Resurrecting the Passion of Fishkeeping
Reaction score
Livestock for Sale: African Clawed Frogs

Age and condition: eggs laid on July 25, 2010

Quantity for sale: 6 2 - - one natural spotted, one reticulated albino

Reason for Sale: they are ready to leave the nest and go to new homes

Delivery or Collection: either - Collection from Rhode Island or Overnight Delivery

Sales price: $5 for natural spotted, $20 for reticulated albino

Postage & Packaging: shipping/handling priced for next day air by UPS

EDIT: African Clawed Frogs are illegal in some of the United States. It is buyer's responsibility to know their state's laws. Seller is free from responsibility should the state the buyer is from prohibits the keeping or transporting of ACF

A List of KNOWN states where ACF are currently illegal (subject to change - buyer is responsible for verifying their state's laws)

Arizona, California, Kentucky, Louisiana, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Virginia, Hawaii, Nevada, and Washington (state)

All negotiations and questions must be posted in this sales thread and NOT by PM.

Communications may only be taken to PM once the sale and price has been agreed upon on the open forum and payment/collection details need to be given.
The agreement of the time and date of collection or postage, or confirmation that items have been posted should also be posted in the thread.

Please refrain from commenting unless you are interested in more details or are interested in buying.
If you suspect any foul play, please use the report button and the moderating team will deal with all reports.

By posting on this forum you are deemed to have agreed with and accepted the rules set out above. Please be aware that not using the form above will result in your topic being deleted.

How much would it cost to ship to Biddeford, ME? How about Natick, MA? My house is in MA but my dorm is in ME, that is why I ask about both places. I am looking for a dorm pet I can have in a 20 gallon tank, could I keep two in a 20 long or would I be better off with a regular 20 gallon (has more height)?

I am going tomorrow morning to price out shipping for both UPS and Fed-EX so I will post the prices tomorrow.

A long is much better than a standard or high, they spend most of their time scooting around the bottom so will appreciate the length over the height. in a 20 gallon long you can have three happily.

Thank you very much for the info, these guys are starting to look very attractive. I was origonally looking at Axolotls which are very cool but the cost is going to be ridiculous (IMO, and in my situation as a college student). I read up on these guys and found they have similar care as far as diet, low water current, cooler water, no gravel, etc.
Do you think you will be breeding again soon? I have to buy and cycle a tank before I could consider buying the frog, so if you sell these guys I'm curious to know if you'll have more in the near future.

no problem! as soon as I move this batch, (and between this forum, another fish forum, a frog forum and craiglist it looks like they are going to be gone in a couple days) I am going to breed again... same combo - marbled male X albino female. in October I am going to purchase a borealis male and possible a pair of piebalds if I can find them.

I am currently raising another marbled in hopes of having a female to go along with my male....

All in all, right now I have
Phantom - Adult Marbled Male
Phoenix - Adult Albino Female
Kirby - Adult Albino Female
Louie - Juvenile Albino Male
Lola - Juvenile Reticulated Albino Female
Magellan - Juvenile Reticulated Albino Male
Aurora - Juvenile X.Borealis Female

(the juveniles are frogs who are large enough to live in the same tank as the adults and old for me to determine their sex, but have not yet reached a level of sexual maturity where they could breed or breed without risk to their health and the health of potential offspring)

I am curious to know if you would like any of this particular batch - I have been pricing out shipping to both Biddleford and Natick for Priority Overnight. Just need to know if you were considering frogs from this batch or a future batch.

I'll probably get them from your next batch unless you happen to have three left over frogs from this batch in two weeks, which is, as you said, very unlikely.

If you definitely wanted 3 from this batch I could put them aside for you - I would just ask that you pay for the frogs now, and you can pay for shipping when you are ready.

I like the idea of them going to someone on this forum so I can see them settle in and grow :good::wub:

I looked at overnight shipping for your area and it is just about or under $32, no bad. I priced out kansas today and it was $68 dollars!!! :blink:

Oh, that's great then, I'll reserve the three. One question, I've never bought anything online before believe it or not, what methods can I use to pay you?

Yeah, the Axolotl was gonna be $50 shipping, and with the Axie costing $30-32 it was just too much. But $32 shipping sounds just fine.

Oh and one more question. When I was going to order the Axolotl the person said I'd have to pick him up at the post office (which is doable but not preferable as I don't have a car and don't know the area very well). Would the frogs come to my address (school campus) or the post office?

No problem I will put three aside for you.
I will put the school's address as the delivery address for you...unless you had a residential you would prefer. My only worry with the school address is if for some reason the truck gets delayed until after the school closes...the frogs will sit overnight somewhere.

But the delivery address will be completely up to you.

If this still works out for you let me know, and I will PM you my paypal information so you can pay for the frogs. When you are ready for me to ship them let me know, I will calculate Next day air for you, tell you the total, and once shipping is paid for I will ship the frogs out on the following Monday or Tuesday (which ever is closest to payment being received. If I receive it on a Monday I will ship Tuesday, if I receive it Tuesday-Sunday I will ship Monday.)

Does this work for you?

Alright, sounds good. It's gonna be $15 for the frogs and then $30 something for shipping right? Send me the paypal info and I'll give you the $15 as soon as I figure out how to use paypal, I assume it's not too complicated right?

PM'd you my paypal info

bump. 1 marbled ACF left.

Update!!!

2 of the babies - - one natural spotted and one reticulated albino are still up for grabs - - I was going to keep them to see how they grew but with the recent additions to my ACF colony they are available for adoption!!!

spotted - - $5
reticulated albino - - $20

shipping/handling will be priced as next day air through UPS

Most reactions

Back