African Cichlid Tank

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Clownfish11790

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This is my 55g Cichlid Tank. I have a variety of different African Cichlids, I am not sure of most of their scientific names, so I would appreciate the help.

Nope....no pics! :no:

Here are the Pictures you have been waiting for...

CichlidTank008.jpg

CichlidTank004.jpg

CichlidTank009.jpg

CichlidTank001.jpg

CichlidTank002.jpg

CichlidTank007.jpg

The yellow and black horizontal striped ones are melanochromis auratus if this is a new tank you may want to remove these belive me i have just had to remove 4 there about the most aggressive mbuna you can get .
The yellow with the black fins are yellow labs.

the orange and blue looks like a hap not sure which one though

it looks like there is a black and blue horizontal striped fish cant be sure from the pic but my guess is its a Melanochromis Johanni if it is these will fight or cross breed with the auratus

you need to get some better pics for the other id's

i had a background but i didnt really like it...give me some suggestions, all the fish get along pretty well....i'll fill you in later..gtg

plain black background, anything with a picture on it and it will look too busy and detract from your own decorations. not to mention over stimulating for the fish.

the black will let everything speak for its self. :good:

You've also got a couple of Maylandia Lombardoi, probably females or juvenile males (pale blue with dark blue vertical stripes)

Couple of Yellow labs

1 Melanochromis Johanii or possibly Melanochromis Cyaneorhabdos

Need better pics for the others.

Here are some more pictures, I tried my best, they just dont stop moving....I also have a video of

'Feeding Time'

One of the Dominant Cichlids, Not sure of scientific name, but i bought it as "Ice Blue Cichlid"

CichlidTank016.jpg

Tank Shot, With Red Zebra Cichlid

CichlidTank015.jpg

Kenyi Male and Female, Auratus, and Ice Blue

CichlidTank014.jpg

Dont Remember Name

13d2fa92.jpg

One of My Favs, But he lost all of his color and gets picked on...

332bd337.jpg

Dominant Cichlid In Tank, Male Kenyi Cichlid, Very Aggresive and Picks on Other Cichlids....Has Two Burrow things.....

39da51b8.jpg

Most reactions

Back