African cichlid question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

aryan09014

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 60 gallon (UK gallon) tropical african cichlid tank so far, since the tank is relatively new and just got cycled recently I only have 4 peacock aulonacara cichlids, I know I need to overstock but I'm adding them gradually as to not cause an ammonia spike, so I'm at the lfs just browsing potential tankmates to add to the tank, and I spot this absolutely stunning malawi eye biter, like this fish was a gorgeous blue and had orange fins, looked stunning, it was abt 5 inches at the lfs, I did some research and found out they get to at least 7-10 inches in the home aquaria , I just rlly want to know if it's possible I can get this fish for the tank, it will be the only haplochromis in the tank, no mbuna the rest will all be aulonacaras but goddamn this fish is amazing i want it so badly lol. Ij terms of decor, the plant has multiple rocks that are placed to provide cover and 2 amazon swords on each side, so there is cover but plenty of open space swimming areas as well, in terms of heating, I keep the tank at a steady 25 degrees celcius, however due to the hot weather in the uk sometimes it becomes 26 in terms of filtration I have an aquaflow 400L filter, which is made for 400l aquariums( mine is 272l) so I got filtration checked, just any advice as to whether I cs keep this beauty of fish, I'm rlly starting to go crazy thinking about it lol.

No one has responded did you go get it anyway LOL. I don't know, years ago even with putting all our Malawi Cichlids in a 75 gal together so there wouldn't be earlier ones with established territories the Mbunas killed the eyebiter. Good luck

No one has responded did you go get it anyway LOL. I don't know, years ago even with putting all our Malawi Cichlids in a 75 gal together so there wouldn't be earlier ones with established territories the Mbunas killed the eyebiter. Good luck
Not yet, yh ik nobody responded :( I've purchased 3 more peacocks , and also 1 deepwater hap and a malawi trout. I've held of the eyebiter just in case someone posts something soon, o wanna be 100 percent certain it will be fine

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back