Aegla

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kevin_D

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just checking my Aegla, I noticed one baby. Its around 5mm long at the moment, I dont know how many is in there altogether, they have a large piece of bogwood to hide under and amongst, and substrate to burrow into. Anyone know what an average sized clutch for them is?

i have not really got into these guys, yet, but it seems the berrie is between 50 and 100 eggs. not sure on the average survival rate though. they seem to be born fully developed, though immature. i do know a guy who keeps and breeds them, he seems to have dropped off the radar for the moment. but if you wish i could try to get his msn for you.

I dont have msn. Is it Fatboy (Marcus) though? Ive noticed he hasnt been online on ages, I remember his thread that he also had baby Aegla.

I dont have msn. Is it Fatboy (Mike) though? Ive noticed he hasnt been online on ages, I remember his thread that he also had baby Aegla.

no not him, its a guy i know from the Crayfish crowd! think these are all he keeps now. but i will try to contact him. if not get him to send me some info to forward to you.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back