Advice Wanted

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

LIL860

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 3 guineas Honey who is 5 years old and Avril and Missy who are about 8 weeks old. The 2 youngest live in their own cage and Honey has her own cage. Honey has lived on her own for about 18 months now since her friend died. Today i put all 3 together in their run for the first time to see how they would get on . They got along great no aggression from any of them. I would love to now get Honey a friend to live with her in her cage would this be possible at her age. The pet shop only sells guineas that are 8 weeks old in pairs so if i got a couple one could live with Honey and the other with Missy and Avril as their cage is big enough for 3. Would Honey appreciate another guinea pig to live with or should i leave her on her own.

u can only try!!!! guinees general like others around them and females tend 2 be much more compatible with each other so im sure they would be fine :):)

hope that helps
jen

i wouldnt risk a rabbit of any type in with a guinea pig - especially not an adult guinea pig.

i wouldnt be worrying too much about her age my last guinea pig died at the ripe old age of 11

try a rescue centre - they often have lots of unwanted piggies and they are very understanding about wanting friends for pigs.

good luck

an lets see some piccies!! :wub:

if the cage is big enough for 3 why not put them all together now ? I have 7 girls living together all different ages and they get along great. :)

if the cage is big enough for 3 why not put them all together now ? I have 7 girls living together all different ages and they get along great. :)

I agree, I have 5 sows living together.
Have you see this type of cage...
000_4945.jpg

My sows live on the top and boars ont he bottom. It cost £60 to make but obs you could make it only 1 tier like this...
000_2386.jpg

I would recommend using correx/coroplast or lino for the bottom, its easy to clean.

You can buy the cubes from...
Screwfix Direct
£18.99 for ? MESH Grids (4 cubes)
Delivery £5.00
Total £23.99

Eden Shop
£17.85 for ? MESH Grids (4 cubes)
Delivery and VAT £14.87
Total £32.72

B&Q
£22.98 for 24 SQUARE GRIDS (6 cubes)
Delivery NON PICK UP IN STORE (B&Q).

Display Sense
£43.62 for 16 SQUARE Grids(4 cubes)
Delivery and VAT £16.97
Total £60.59

Monarch Direct
£47.00 for SQUARE BLACK 6 cubes (I assume, thats how many is on the picture)
£58.75 for SILVER/GREY
FREE DELIVER

Robert May
£22 for 17 SQUARE Grids (4 cubes)
If I remember correctly your order has to be above £25

shopfittingsworld.co.uk
£60.00 for 28 SQUARE GRIDS (10 cubes)
VAT £10.50
Total £70.50

Amazon
£12.99 for ? PLASTIC grids (4 cubes) ****
Come in Black, Blue or Pink
Delivery £6.50
Total £19.49

Ebay
£14.99 for ? PLASTIC grids (4 cubes) ****
COME IN: Pink, White, Blue or Black
Delivery £7.99
Total £22.98

****NOTE: These are solid plastic cubes and I would not recommend anyone to use them unless they are paired with mesh or square cubes due to the fact they are plastic and piggies like to nibble. I, personally I have used them for the 2nd floor and the back, which is against the wall.

SOURCES FOR CORREX

Ebay

Or try searching for Sign Makers within your area at
www.yell.com

Emma x

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back