advice please...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

sazash

Reaction score
this is the first time i've posted on Catfish Cradle..... ;)

we are new to fishkeeping and would like a catfish....what would you advise??? :unsure:

the tank is 96litre and contains the fish detailed below

thanks,

Sara

:fish: :fish:

Really with those small fish and the smallish size of the tank you are limited to just corydoras, there are hundreds of species and a good lfs should stock at least 3 of them.

Yes, cories would be a good choice. Just remember to get at least 6 of them, because they are shoaling fish.

Speaking of shoaling fish, neon tetras and zebra danios are shoalers too. May I suggest you consider getting a few more of those? The fish would feel more secure that way.

we are in the process of setting up our community, so on the advice of the shop we purchased small amounts of hardy fish..... mind you, we did start of with 1 more Danio and 1 more Tetra but they each died the day after going into the tank :( :(
Sara

:fish: :fish:

Are you still in the middle of cycling the tank? If so, don't get any cories yet, because as far as I know they are sensitive to ammonia and nitrite.

EDIT: Ok, so all fish are sensitive to ammonia and nitrite. What I meant was that I don't think they're not hardy enough for cycling.

Hi sazash :)

I agree with the other members of the forum; corys are the way to go! :nod:

They are great little fish who are fun to watch and they get along with everybody. You will need at least 3, but more is better. :thumbs:

Wait until your tank is fully cycled before getting them, though. And, becase they live at the bottom, do be sure to keep it very clean.

They are great fish to keep as you will see by the discussions in this section of the forum. Their owners get quite enthusiastic about them. :wub:

I just wanted to add that if you do decide on cories, that you make sure that you get them thier own food. Some lfs stores tell people that cories will clean up any excess food in the tank, and that is true, but they also need their own food. Mine eat algea wafers, but mostly shrimp pellets and bloodworms. Cories are great little fish, and alot of fun to watch, as they zip across the tank. LOL Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
Sandy

Most reactions

Back