adorable

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Fiddlesticks

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I think Im hooked on cories. Is that cute little wiggle not to die for. The ones I bought yesterday keep scaring the beans outta me. I go in the room and they are laying on the bottom playing dead. I wait for a while and watch them. All the sudden they hop up and wiggle around again. I guess Its the stress of moving. Or do they always do that.

um..answer these questions

1. are they laying on their sides?

2. how many did u buy ( reccomend 3 or more)

3. how big is ur tank

4. (this has nothing to do with ur problems but..what kid of cories did u buy?)

The pepper Corydoras I have will often sit motionless on the bottom(right side up of course, well duh, :lol: ) and just rest, using their fins to hold themselves still. Then they shoot off or start hoovering the bottom of the tank again...and if they find a shrimp pellet they get all excited and their little tails quiver with excitement, it's right cute. They also, if a guppy is nearby, will sit right on top of the shrimp pellet so the guppy can't get at it. I find Corycats adorable. They can suddenly madly shoot to the surface of the tank and back down again but I don't see mine do that often. They seem quite happy moving around the bottom 1/5 of the tank.

SnowyZMom B)

:( They were both playing dead yesterday, but this morning one really was. The other seems fine. To answer Kevin's questions. He was laying on his side. Its the 20 usgal in my sig. I bought 2, and they are albinos (the pink ones) I gotta go get another today cuz I dont want the other one to get depressed.

as future reference, ALL albino organisms are weaker than the normal forms. Lacking pigments, and having weakened immune systems, they are more susceptable to disease, stress, etc. I really don't understand how making albino variations is any more moral than hybridation.

You should definitely get some other cories soon; the other albino will not fair well on his own.

Albinoism isn't something you make happen, it has to happen on it's own before anyone can encourage it. I have 3 Albino Aeneus and they've had no problems at all. Quite hardy and strong fish.

I had albino cories and throughout the course of their lives i (unintentionally!) subjected them to all sorts of horros...the cycled my tank, there was a heater failure, I never did water changes...they lived longer than any other fish I have ever had.

Ok well I got another cory. There so cute Ill probably end up with all kinds of them. Im glad they are hardy. I moved them to the other tank cuz I wanna change the scuzzy gravel in the 20. Didnt want to cycle it with them. They are quite happy in there at the moment. When I gave the plecs a few discs they went right to town on em. Sooooo adorable. :wub:

Fiddlesticks said:
I think Im hooked on cories. Is that cute little wiggle not to die for. The ones I bought yesterday keep scaring the beans outta me. I go in the room and they are laying on the bottom playing dead. I wait for a while and watch them. All the sudden they hop up and wiggle around again. I guess Its the stress of moving. Or do they always do that.
Yeah, Corys like to "play dead". I was at the fish store one time and there was a Cory resting sort of on his side. I said something to the worker there, 'cause I thought the Cory was sick, and he told me they like to sit like that sometimes. Scares you, though, if you don't know that's normal!

I *love* my Corys! :wub: They are SO adorable! When I first saw Corys I didn't like them. That quickly changed, however (obviously). Now I just love 'em! Pandas are my favorites, but they're not as tough as my Pepper Cory. Poor Pepper is lonely...he needs a buddy. Perhaps we'll get him a buddy after the next paychecked arrives :nod: He would like that. He does hang out with the Pandas a little, but not a lot. Besides, getting him a buddy gives me an excuse/reason to get another fish :D

Pamela
aka Married Lizard

Hi,
I have 3 albino corys and 3 pepper corys and I think they're great!! Mine dont play dead though :blink: . I have one who I think is a little cookoo though. He seems to like doing circular laps of my aquarium. He is the only one who does it and I'm convinced he's nuts. None the less I love them and think they're a great addition to any aquarium!! Well theres my 2 cents worth :D

Corys are great. I got my first ones this weekend (Matea?? Kind of gret with black stripes) and I love the way they muscle their way through the water.

One of them has been adopted by mt Platties and swims round with them all the time!

Are all species nocturnal cos mine are definately less active at night!

Is it just me or do they remind anyone else of dogs. Their little tails are just awaggin like crazy when they are happy. Then they just laydown and take a nap cuz theyre so exhausted. :rofl:

Most reactions

Back