Adoption.

Honeythorn

Sugar coating and nicely nicely? I don't think so
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Stourbridge UK
I have adopted some fish. My brother wants an Amazonian Biotope tank and was going to FLUSH THEM DOWN THE TOILET :angry: Horrid beast!

It's pushing the stocking in my 30 gallon but I couldn't allow him to do that to them. So I have now added 2 white cloud mountain minnows and 4 silvertip tetras to my tank.He used to have 5 of the minnows but 3 died and he wouldn't buy any more despite me telling him they need to be in a bigger group. The silvertips he had from my other brother who they were mistakenly sold to as scissortail rasboros. He also refused to get any more of them.

I did think of telling him to give them to a shop but they are all quite old and I doubt any shop would want them.


There really should be at least 6 of each type I know, but I haven't the space for that. I already have 6 Leopard danios in there so they should hopefully all school together and feel a bit more secure even if they are different species. I do 50% weekly water changes so hopefully I can keep everything nice and stable.

I hate it when people think fish are just something they can get rid of without a thought in the world :(
 
DOWN THE TOILET! wow thats mean! he must really want other fish. good on you for taking them on.

just tell him if he wants to keep fish then to be serious about it and comitted to them
 
I was slightly worried by the stocking levels but I think I should be ok as long as I keep on top of things. I don't overfeed ( every other day ) and I am pretty dilligent with water changes ect. In there now with what I added today is:

1 opaline gourami
6 leopard danios
4 slivertip tetras
2 white cloud mountain minnows
4 peppered cories
3 weatherloaches
1 kribensis
5 amano shrimp

I would like to have different fish, but I will wait for most of mine to die of old age before I do that. I can't believe my brother sometimes.
 
i saved 2 platies bought them somefemale friends and the n they died leaving me withh pregnant females that have dropped every month for 3 months
 
Luckily, my brother would never do any such thing, but in such event, while a whole brother wouldn't fit down down the toilet, the head of a brother might...
Just to gve him an idea of what's involved.
Not that I'd seriously suggest such a thing, of course :whistle: but imagining it might make you feel a bit better.

Are you quite sure he's actually related to you?
 
Luckily, my brother would never do any such thing, but in such event, while a whole brother wouldn't fit down down the toilet, the head of a brother might...
Just to gve him an idea of what's involved.
Not that I'd seriously suggest such a thing, of course :whistle: but imagining it might make you feel a bit better.

Are you quite sure he's actually related to you?


:lol: :good:
 
:crazy:
I have adopted some fish. My brother wants an Amazonian Biotope tank and was going to FLUSH THEM DOWN THE TOILET :angry: Horrid beast!

It's pushing the stocking in my 30 gallon but I couldn't allow him to do that to them. So I have now added 2 white cloud mountain minnows and 4 silvertip tetras to my tank.He used to have 5 of the minnows but 3 died and he wouldn't buy any more despite me telling him they need to be in a bigger group. The silvertips he had from my other brother who they were mistakenly sold to as scissortail rasboros. He also refused to get any more of them.

I did think of telling him to give them to a shop but they are all quite old and I doubt any shop would want them.


There really should be at least 6 of each type I know, but I haven't the space for that. I already have 6 Leopard danios in there so they should hopefully all school together and feel a bit more secure even if they are different species. I do 50% weekly water changes so hopefully I can keep everything nice and stable.

I hate it when people think fish are just something they can get rid of without a thought in the world :(
 
Sorry to hear that :\ What a cruel brother.
I have one mountain minnow if that makes you feel any better. I've had it for 4 months and no sickness or death. It said to the fish guy, I want 4 zebra danios. I got 5 zebras and a WCMM :blink:
 
Dont worry about your stocking, its fine. Those fish that you just added dont really add much to the bioload, you could probably double all your smaller fish and still be fine as long as you keep up with water changes.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top