Adf With Endlers?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nikkifro8994

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon tank that had 1 female platy and her fry. They have all been moved to a larger tank. I have 3 enders in the 5 gallon now. How many ADFs and endlers can I have in a 5 gallon tank? Will the frogs eat the fish? There are a lot of places to hide. 3 caves, 3 plastic pants, and a coral ornament with lots of nooks to hide in. It's bare bottom to make cleaning easier.

Could I keep 3 enders and 3 frogs? Could I push it up to 5 enders? Or should I do 3 endlers and 2 frogs? I have a 10 gallon filter on the tank. I can also put in a sponge filter. I'd do1-2 25% water changes a week. My tap (my only water source) has 2-3 ppm ammonia. Is this to high for an ADF? Or would my filter take it out fast enough?

I can move the endlers to a different tank. Howe many ADFs can I have in a 5 gallon? 3? I read that they are very sensitive to ammonia. My tap has 2-3 ppm in it. Would my filter take care of this so it doesn't hurt the frogs? I plan on buying pellets and frozen bloodworms for them to eat. Maybe some live ghost shrimp to. Is this good for them?

I can move the endlers to a different tank. Howe many ADFs can I have in a 5 gallon? 3? I read that they are very sensitive to ammonia. My tap has 2-3 ppm in it. Would my filter take care of this so it doesn't hurt the frogs? I plan on buying pellets and frozen bloodworms for them to eat. Maybe some live ghost shrimp to. Is this good for them?

Three should be ok, but the ammonia worries me. I'd do some small water changes and see if you can lower it a bit.

Three should be ok, but the ammonia worries me. I'd do some small water changes and see if you can lower it a bit.

The ammonia is in the water that I change with. The tank has no ammonia.

For a 5 gallon, a pair of frogs is best. For adf in tanks smaller than 10 gallons, 2-2.5 gallons should be allowed per frog.

Can I put a betta on with the frogs? One of the lfs has bettas in tanks with other fish. I could get one of those so I know it won't attack the frogs. Would the frogs nip the betta?

It is best to keep them in a species only tank.

You walking into a pet store and seeing the betta for a few minutes interacting in a tank with out nipping fins does not mean that that betta is always peaceful. Most of the fish are new to the store and still adjusting from being shipped and dumped in a new tank. They are too stressed to start defending territories or mates.

Bettas can also seem "fine" with the adf for months and then one morning you make up to a frog who has had their eyes bitten off or they are missing a leg. Vice versa the frog may nip at the fins of the betta because with their poor vision it may look like a tiny fish swimming by and not part of a larger fish.

Bettas are also quick to find food where as adf are quite slow at it. Adf find food mostly by scent and movement in the water....meaning they sniff around and poke at the ground until they find it. Bettas locate food by scent and sight and will usually eat all of the food before the Adf can get its share.

Good to know. Will they eat ghost shrimp? I have frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp to feed them. they are both hikari brand. Are that ok on this out do they need hbh pellets too?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back