Adding More Fish To My 32g

cuticom

Fish Addict
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia
So I've finally got the 32g running, with the fish it was bought for in it, and its time to bump out the schools. So currently it contains
1 x Albino Pearlscale Angelfish (tanks 18.5 inches high)
4 x Black Skirt Tetras
3 x Striped Kuhli loaches

As soon as i can get my hands on some more, I'll be getting 3 more kuhlis, but what I wanted to know, was how many more black skirts I could add? Ideally I'd like to have a school of 10, but think that might be too much. I'm also not going my the inch per gallon rule, as it would take like 3 2 inch kuhlis to equal the biomass of a 2 inch black skirt, and like 3 black skirts to equal the biomass of a 2 inch angel.

So ideally I'd like to have
1 x Angel
10 x Black Skirt tetras
6 x Kuhlis

Too much? should I just have 6-8 tetras? Filtration is currently an Aqua Clear 50, but it's no biggy to add more filtration on, I've got plenty of spare filters.
 
I don't think it is a problem if you have enough filtering capacity, as the kuhlis won't bother the tetras and angel in terms of space. Kuhlis stay at the bottom while the tetras and angel occupy mid/upper level of the water.
 
A major consideration with Angels is the height of the tank. Anything over fifteen inches high should be ok.
 
i think you'll be fine with want you want, especially if you have live plants. just keep an eye on your stats and water change frequently.
 
I already have the angel,, the list at the top is what's already in the tank and as already stated the tank is high enough.

Oky dokes will buy 6 more black skirts then.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top