Adding Light Strip

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fishwatcher

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
South Carolina... Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places.
Is there a way to add a light strip to a normal old tank hood? I was thinking if there was a cheap/easy way to lay another strip on top (I guess where the lid door normally is) that it'd be cool to add a little extra light to my marine tank.
Any one know of a way to do this?
Thanks!

Is there a way to add a light strip to a normal old tank hood? I was thinking if there was a cheap/easy way to lay another strip on top (I guess where the lid door normally is) that it'd be cool to add a little extra light to my marine tank.
Any one know of a way to do this?
Thanks!
Hi
To put it simply a new starter unit could easily be installed, it all depends on how much room you have available (or could you move the current light/replace it with a twin light tube fitting?)
Some more info on the hood design would help with suggestions, ive moded a few tank hoods, all being different due to their deisgn.

Something to keep in mind, is that you still need access for maintenance! its an easy mistake to make.
T.

The hood I have has the little area in the back for the filter, etc to fit, then the plexiglass strip that the light sits on, then the lid door in front of that. Just a run-of-the-mill rectangular hood.
Thanks!
ETA: I'll post a pic of the inside if that will help. Thx!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back