Adding Fish

Ipswja

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Im going to start adding fish to my aquarium very soon as its got all the plants in and I have tested the water which is all ok

I need to add fish slowly to build up the filter, its a 60l tank and my stocking ideas are

- 5 Harlequin Rasboras
- 5 Neon Tetras
- 5 Galaxy Rasboras
- 2 Honey Gouramis

Which of these fish is most hardy and could easilly be added first? Thanks
Ip
 
Im going to start adding fish to my aquarium very soon as its got all the plants in and I have tested the water which is all ok

I need to add fish slowly to build up the filter, its a 60l tank and my stocking ideas are

- 5 Harlequin Rasboras
- 5 Neon Tetras
- 5 Galaxy Rasboras
- 2 Honey Gouramis

Which of these fish is most hardy and could easilly be added first? Thanks
Ip


What do you mean you need to add fish slowly to build up the filter? did you cycle your tank?
 
I had rasbora as the first fish in my 20G and they are still there (harlequins), had no problems. Neons are renouned for being crap in new setups so not them, gourami can be fragile too, but i don't know about honeys.

andrew

EDIT: the tank has to be fully cycled first tho
 
Depends how heavily planted it would make sense if he was just diving straight in with plants for filtration then slowly build up the stocking so that the filter has time to gain bacteria, cycling the tank isn't the only option although for a first timer its not the safest way.
 
Im going to start adding fish to my aquarium very soon as its got all the plants in and I have tested the water which is all ok

I need to add fish slowly to build up the filter, its a 60l tank and my stocking ideas are

- 5 Harlequin Rasboras
- 5 Neon Tetras
- 5 Galaxy Rasboras
- 2 Honey Gouramis

Which of these fish is most hardy and could easilly be added first? Thanks
Ip


The neon tetras require a seasoned tank. Six months minimum tank age before they are suitable for neons.

...cycling the tank isn't the only option although for a first timer its not the safest way.

It's way safer for the fish if he cycles the tank first. We are in modern times and we have fishless cycling.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top