Adding An External Filter

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

ebrcknrdg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I want to add an external filter to my 125L tank. It will be in addition to the internal Jewel filter (I would just rip it out but ive got a rock background so it would leave a gap!) I dont feel that the internal filter is clearning the water that well and you cant really go wrong with adding another filter.

With this in mind would i be able to get away with an external filter that is suitable for a smaller tank as i already have the internal one? Ive seen a Fluval 105 on ebay that is suitale for a 100L tank so thats why im asking

The Fluval 105 would be fine. I actually used to run a 204 (same as 205 essentially) with the Juwel internal and found it very good.

Eheim externals are regarded as the best by many, so you may consider one of these instead.

The Fluval 105 would be fine. I actually used to run a 204 (same as 205 essentially) with the Juwel internal and found it very good.

Eheim externals are regarded as the best by many, so you may consider one of these instead.

Thanx for the informative advice as ever George. Ive actually looked up some threads on here and many people are raving about the Tetratecs. I would love t buy an Eheim but i know they can be expensive. Im keeping my eyes open for a second hand one at the moment so whichever of the three come up cheap i will buy

Right ive narrowed it down to either a Tetratec EX 600 for £45.99 or the Eheim Classic 2213 for £35.99.

Any recommendations on which one to get?

If this is where you were looking at the Tetratex EX600

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/technic...anister_filters

It will be £42.99 because new customers get a £3 discount and don't forget its free shipping too.

I have a EX700. Awesome filter although the Eheim owners club on here won't hear a good word said about anything other than ugly green overpriced filters. lol (only joking)

For the price, performance and ease of setup/maintenance I don't think the Tetratec can be beaten at the moment and they come with all the media and attachments included plus a 3 year guarantee.

andy

If this is where you were looking at the Tetratex EX600

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/fish/technic...anister_filters

It will be £42.99 because new customers get a £3 discount and don't forget its free shipping too.

I have a EX700. Awesome filter although the Eheim owners club on here won't hear a good word said about anything other than ugly green overpriced filters. lol (only joking)

For the price, performance and ease of setup/maintenance I don't think the Tetratec can be beaten at the moment and they come with all the media and attachments included plus a 3 year guarantee.

andy

I was all for buying the Tetratec then when i came to pay it said i was an existing customer! I cant remember what ive bought from them for the life of me! I then went to buy the Eheim for £35.99 and then noticed theres no filter media or taps, so now ive found it for £39.63 with everything. Im swaying towards the Eheim because of the good reviews ive heard.

Oh just some trivial questions, will i need a brush cleaner for the hose? And does the Eheim come with a spray bar?

Ok so now im confused. It says on the site where im about to purchase the eheim 2213 that the included media is ehfimech and ehfisubstrat, however ive seen a diagram on internet which shows sponges as well, so will i need to get these separate?

Have a look at Daves Pre Journal Journal.

Hes uses this filter and just buys some sheets of foam. cuts them to size, and crams them in.

You can buy them in 500mm square sheets from any maidenhead aquatics or on ebay, and they will last for ages.

Andy

Have a look at Daves Pre Journal Journal.

Hes uses this filter and just buys some sheets of foam. cuts them to size, and crams them in.

You can buy them in 500mm square sheets from any maidenhead aquatics or on ebay, and they will last for ages.

Andy

sorry to be a pain but do you know the link?

There is a lady in the buy, sell and swop selling external filters for quite a good price if your interested.

hi thanx! do you have the link? i cant seem to find it

http://www.fishforums.net/Various-Pumps-an...le-t204483.html

There you go!! Your boy is right!! Us guys will do anything for a looker :drool: :blush:

Lol is that right. Well go and look at my journal (link in sig) and help me with my new set up lol :lol:

Thanx for that link but ive just ordered me the Eheim Classic 2231+ for £39 with delivery, media and taps so dont think ive paid over the odds. Those are good offers shes got there, especially the ecco!

Most reactions

trending

Back