accidentally dropped aquarium lightning into my fish tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I did this 3 months ago. Problem was that a light I glued onto the inside lid of one tank came loose overnight and I didn't know until the next day.
Most of the diodes (is that what they're called) were wrecked so Aliexpress, Here we come again. I have a Chihiros A361 on the way for another tank, my latest mini-tank. It's £15 less than I can get it here too.
----------------------------
HAVE YOU VOTED YET

I did this 3 months ago. Problem was that a light I glued onto the inside lid of one tank came loose overnight and I didn't know until the next day.
Most of the diodes (is that what they're called) were wrecked so Aliexpress, Here we come again. I have a Chihiros A361 on the way for another tank, my latest mini-tank. It's £15 less than I can get it here too.
HAVE YOU VOTED YET
Good stuff cheap on aliexpress if you dont mind waiting several weeks for arrival

HAVE YOU VOTED YET
They are Light Emitting Diodes. Generally they run off of a 5 VDC supply and that is usually the largest voltage that is present in the housing, the power supply with 110v is usually in the controller unit or a separate brick that feeds the controller. Since current is proportional to voltage, any shock would be over a magnitude less than a conventional light.

Most of the diodes (is that what they're called) were wrecked so Aliexpress,I did H

Happened to me to. The solution is to get a clea plastic or glass line and amount the light to the top of the lid.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back