Aaron's 216l Planted Journal!

any, you can get nana sets too. Also, JBL do a plastic output for about £6, check out AE.

Cheers m8 will do.... will be setting now the 125 not the 180 so your journal will be for inspiration :) and i quite like the look of these so might give them a go :)

good news, i have just rung MA and the tank should be in Friday :yahoo:
I have missed havnig a ank around, it messes up my daily routine, i just sit doing nothing for 15mins, lol :rolleyes:

if you look in yellow pages then you should have a local dealer. Prices range from £5-£15 from what i have heard on forums.
I buy new ones everytime. And if you take them to the scrap yard you get money for them :D

ok cheers

when we get our fire inspection done i should be able to get an old one cheap, then will just have to pay to get it filled

All looks good to me, not that i have the first clue about planted tanks.

I just love new tank threads. Hurry up and get it filled :p

:good:

Thanks Ben,
Jen, they havent been able to get the size i wanted (15" height) They can only get 12" which is pants. They ordered it for me anyway as i was at school but they said they will return it if iti isnt suitable.
I have ordered another (18" height) which iMO is better anyway. I must of missed that size on the list :rolleyes: He rung up to try and swap but i havent heard back from them.

Thanks Ben,
Jen, they havent been able to get the size i wanted (15" height) They can only get 12" which is pants. They ordered it for me anyway as i was at school but they said they will return it if iti isnt suitable.
I have ordered another (18" height) which iMO is better anyway. I must of missed that size on the list :rolleyes: He rung up to try and swap but i havent heard back from them.

LOL, bet you was so excited to finally get it to then to be down right at the last min :(, soon be here m8 and you then can show us novices how it's really done lol ;)

The taller the better with angels anyway Aaron, hope the substrate won't be too deep as I am always quoting 18" from substrate to water line for angels.

My little ones laid eggs yesterday, grew them from 1", they need a heck of a space when breeding though, the other two are pinned down one side of the tank, I need to make sure there are more tall plants separating the tank. Thought this may be useful to you as you did not state how many angels you were going for. Mine said 55g when I bought it but it works out 58g or 256 litres.

I am sure you probably know this anyway but if aiming for a pair, start off with at least 6-8 small ones, it rasies the chances of getting a pair.

Equipment looks quite flash, should look good soon, will be nice to see it wet though.

yeah chop chop aaron. this thing wont fill itself :p

lol
Thanks Jen, no pressure :blush:
The taller the better with angels anyway Aaron, hope the substrate won't be too deep as I am always quoting 18" from substrate to water line for angels.

My little ones laid eggs yesterday, grew them from 1", they need a heck of a space when breeding though, the other two are pinned down one side of the tank, I need to make sure there are more tall plants separating the tank. Thought this may be useful to you as you did not state how many angels you were going for. Mine said 55g when I bought it but it works out 58g or 256 litres.

I am sure you probably know this anyway but if aiming for a pair, start off with at least 6-8 small ones, it rasies the chances of getting a pair.

Equipment looks quite flash, should look good soon, will be nice to see it wet though.

Thanks, if they do lay eggs, i will remove them as i cant keep that many :crazy: I am going for 4 angels, not bothered about getting a pair but if it happens, it happens.

Substrate depth, when using all 28L of substrate i can get an average depth of 2.5" but this will be sloped. So it is deeper at the back, but shallower at the front which is more or less perfect by your suggestion as they may not be able to get to the back lol ;)

Most reactions

Back