Aaaarrghh!

tenohfive

Always room for one more tank...
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
Beds, UK
I was just sitting here, casually reading through the forums when I heard the sound of gallons and gallons of water emptying...after a linford christie like sprint to my downstairs cichlid tank (which I know is slightly wonky) to find it intact, I come back and check my community tank, betta tank and coldwater tank - and all are fine.

Eventually managed to track down the noise - the patio doors were open and the heavens just opened. Scared the life out of me!
Damn British summer time weather!
 
Tis the same up here in Leeds, its like monsoon season!
 
:lol:

keep it there guys - -
don't pass it here in Greater London - -
a bit humid though so i'm afraid
we might have it too...

salute to british summer - -

:hey:
 
Sounds good to me, go outside and blow northeast wards Tenohfive, its very humid up here, need some more rain, had some fantastic storms the other night, the only thing that worried me was if we had a power outage - four tanks, no filters, no heaters I would have been running round like a headless chicken LOL.
 
That would have meant alot of water changes lol
 
:lol:

so the running headless chicken will be sweatin' like a FISH
after all the Water Changes - -

:hey:
 
Ahh thats the beauty of a python, no running around with buckets :good:
 
One of my tanks is in a downstairs hallway, and all the sinks in my flat are upstairs. Don't think a python would work uphill would it?
 
The python works on the suction from the tap, so uphill, downhill dont think it makes a difference as long as you had a good water flow.
 
Work investing in, but just done some digging - not seen one for less than £40. Bugger that, I could pay a local kid a fiver a week to do my water changes for that money.
 
They can be expensive, paid about £60 for my 50ft python, but I decided the investment was worth it, my back, heart and lungs couldnt stand the water changes any longer, its made light work of all the water changes I do, I can do all the tanks in one hour now, whereas it used to take that long just to do one.

Anyway if you add up the fiver a week, in a matter of weeks youve spent the £40!! The rate your getting tanks, you might need something similar soon. Btw how are you going to do changes on the tanks in the loft? I have visions of you hoisting buckets of water up by rope, or trying to climb the ladder into the loft with them :)
 
They can be expensive, paid about £60 for my 50ft python, but I decided the investment was worth it, my back, heart and lungs couldnt stand the water changes any longer, its made light work of all the water changes I do, I can do all the tanks in one hour now, whereas it used to take that long just to do one.

Anyway if you add up the fiver a week, in a matter of weeks youve spent the £40!! The rate your getting tanks, you might need something similar soon. Btw how are you going to do changes on the tanks in the loft? I have visions of you hoisting buckets of water up by rope, or trying to climb the ladder into the loft with them :)

True enough, and doubtless I'll get one sooner or later - its just alot of money to shell out at once. Want to get my downstairs tank set up properly, and will hopefully be getting a juvi L134 as well soon which will be more money - and a new filter for the tank, and some small Tangs...its going to be expensive next month.

And thats without adding to the community tank (which I still intend to do soon.)
 
Yeah, It stop raining up here!
 
Thats the daft thing - it rained really heavily...for all of 2 minutes.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top