A Thread For Petal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

minnnt

Fish Expert
Reaction score
Just thought i would start a thread to keep tabs on my juvi Flowerhorn, Petal.

She's been in situ for a week now and has really come out of her shell. She was extremely shy at first, hiding the majority of the time, but now she is VERY active indeed. She loves feeding time, lol.

She has been in a little 24" x 15" x 12" tank since i got her, but it's upgrade time. She will be in a 36" x 15" x 12" by the end of the day. She is roughly 2" atm so this should see her through for at least 3 or 4 months. Eventually looking at something like a Juwel Rio 300 as her final home.

Currently feeding on Hikari Gold, Tetra Prima and frozen Bloodworm etc. She's a messy sod to say the least, lol.

Anyway, here is a quick picture of her when i first got her. Will snap a couple more tonight. :)

Baby by David Raynham, on Flickr

I was expecting a thread about animal rights!! Petal and Peta! look similar to me lol...

Interesting addition to your collection :) Dimensions sound good but see if they need bigger maybe?

Wish I knew more about FH - there is a small one at my MA at £150... It looks pretty good though fully blue flecks through it and a kok developing already. Still over priced I imagined... they have a tiger shovel nose in for £250 as well hahahaha!! At least no one will buy it by accident though...

Wills

The eventual tank size is fine mate, especially if it is female which I think it is. Spoke to a few people who own/breed them and 48 inch x 18 inch is pretty standard I think.

Obviously filtration is going to be key too.

£150 kind of makes me glad mine is a bog standard ZZ. :lol: £3.95 ftw! Hahahahaha.

Will get a picture of her up later. She is now on black gravel and her colours have intensified so much.

Even blurry she's coloured up lovely.

I only know how to do youtube vids - copy the url and paste it in [ video] or [ media] tags :good:

:lol: love her trying to get you through the glass!

glad its not just me that gets blurred pic :lol:

the FH looks much better now settled mate. nice one :good:

just need a video now :zz

just watched the vid

just think what the aggression will be like at 12 inches long :crazy:

The video is in the link Matt like yours.

May have to try Youtube... one day... :lol:

Yeah the blurry pics are shocking, but she seems to have had some whizz or something and is zooming about like... well, like something that zooms about.

Most reactions

trending

Back