A Tank Through Time

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

pablothebetta

Fish Herder
Reaction score
This afternoon was busy, buying things for the tank and then planting them in. I decided to do a thread with pictures of the tank since it started last October (ish). I'd really appriciate any tips/advice for the current scape too. Sorry for the fact that the pics are so big.

The beginning:
34eakb8.jpg

Then I decided to go fully planted for the first time in January (this was taken in February once the plants had grown a little, though):
280s12g.jpg

The plants went crazy and outgrew my tank within a few months:
dtmx3.jpg

This is the current scape:
fabrs7.jpg

It's still a little cloudy, though it has cleared a bit since the picture was taken a few hours ago. It's got a fair bit of growing to do (and some "de-algaeing"!) but I'm hoping it'll work once it has done so. Behind the anubias I've got echinodorus 'rosea', 'needle' java fern on the sumatran wood, in the back right hand corner cryptocoryne becketti, in the front right hand corner cryptocoryne nevelli and I was thinking of having some glosso between the java fern and anubias - any thoughts?

I think the third picture is amazing, a really nice overgrown, natural look.

Thanks - it was a little too natural for me though ;) It sort of dissapeared yesterday when I had to uproot pretty much the whole lot in order to catch some pygmy cories though, so the rescape was kind of needed anyway rather than putting it all back :lol:

That idea sounds good! I really liked this tank fully planted!

Do you happen to know what the plant with the red edges on the leaves are? It's perfect for my tank! Thanks!

Do you happen to know what the plant with the red edges on the leaves are? It's perfect for my tank! Thanks!

Fakeus Plantus...? :rolleyes: :lol:

Great work Pablothebetta. The plants really grow well for you in the 320. Have you considered a darker substrate? I think it would help the tank to look more natural and help the plants stand out. :good:

Keep up the good work!

Fakeus Plantus...? :rolleyes: :lol:

But it looks so so so real :(

Unfortunately that plant is fake. I got it in a pack with the other silk plants that were in there at the time. I'd tell you the brand of them, but I can't remember it, sorry.

Great work Pablothebetta. The plants really grow well for you in the 320. Have you considered a darker substrate? I think it would help the tank to look more natural and help the plants stand out. :good:

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the comments from you all :) I find they grow well in the 320 too, as some of the other pictures show :lol: I haven't considered a darker substrate actually, though a background of some sort has gone through my mind.

Most reactions

Back