A Short Term Visitor

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
4,076
Reaction score
183
Points
63
Location
AU
While I was babysitting a couple of joey's for my sister I couldn't resist taking a few photos. Its a young male only around 5months old. I really miss
sad1.gif
not having any joey's of my own. Just have to wait until I'm not working full time and then hopefully I can raise some more joeys. Even though they cost a fair bit in formula, washing bedding and your time they are so worth it when they follow you around the house and yard its always a sad day when they have to be released back in the bush.

P1010451.jpg



The little female joey who was a lot shyer than the male, but loved hiding in the garden. Here I thinnk she looks more like a deer fawn than a kangaroo.
P1010448.jpg
 
I never heard of kangaroos being sold as pets!
Lovely fellas by the way!

Believe it or not a few years ago they were selling Wallabies in parts of Asia (mostly china from memory) as pets and people were trying to keep them in tiny apartments
sneaky2.gif
, and the current craze overseas is keeping Australian Sugar Gliders. In Queensland land (at least) you can not keep any native birds, animals, reptiles, or amphibians without special licences and permits they really are specialised care creatures most of them. But these two lovely little roos weren't baught as pets and where never intended to be pets they were orphaned and only being cared for till release age of around 12-18months.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top