A Request To All Forum Members

tenohfive

Always room for one more tank...
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
Beds, UK
Just a little thing for those that haven't already done it:

Go to your profile and add your location if you haven't already. If not the town your in, at the least putting up your country will help. Personally I find it handy to know who's in the area near me, who if I could beg and wheedle some mature media out etc.

Along with that, when people are posting up with problems knowing what country your in can help when recommending meds, and what area may help with regards to known info about that area (such as water hardness.)
 
i agree with you there, would make things alot easier for us to help people on here, :hyper:
 
And I third that. Really wish there were some other people from Germany here... :shifty:
 
I agree with that, too. It's always useful to be able to see at a glance which country we are dealing with and, even better, the county/district.

I always look under a member's name to see where they are located and it's surprising how many don't bother to say. So then when they start talking about having X amount of gallons, I don't know if they mean US or UK gallons.

Athena
 
I don't know if they mean US or UK gallons.
Most people always use US gallons, seems to be the standard. If in doubt use litres they are standard everywhere.
 
I don't know if they mean US or UK gallons.
Most people always use US gallons, seems to be the standard. If in doubt use litres they are standard everywhere.

Oh, do they? I didn't know that. Seems strange that us in the UK would use US gallons...oh well, you live and learn.

Cheers - Athena

ah cool, my nan lives in Herne Bay!

Really? Small world - I guess you must know the area quite well then. I love it there, right by the sea. Have you ever been into the Bay Aquatics shop in Mortimer Street? That's my LFS :)
 
personally i think we should all use 1 standard, be it L or Gal

Or make our own unit of measurement for the forum :D

'I have a 50 Widget tank I need advice on cycling' etc lol
 
ah cool, my nan lives in Herne Bay!

Really? Small world - I guess you must know the area quite well then. I love it there, right by the sea. Have you ever been into the Bay Aquatics shop in Mortimer Street? That's my LFS :)


No I cant say I've been in there, I havent been to see her recently, and last time I went down I didnt have a fish intrest

I'll pop in though next time im down that way
 
I think its a great idea :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top