FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hi, all. I recently came across a fish I wanted to try (or at least further investigate) in a nano tank. It was a tiny catfish of some sort, it was silver (not Hara jerdoni), and it was from Asia. Unfortunately, what with huge life events going on (really) and my brain not being quite as young as it once was, I can't for the life of me remember what it was. I think it had some sort of cute-ish name, like fairy catfish, but it wasn't that; those are from the Amazon.

Anybody want to help me retrieve the file from memory?

Couldn't find anything but a pictus, and I'm assuming that's not it.

Asian Stone catfish?
Mostly see them brown but have seen a few pictures in silver.
Edit: You've already discounted these.......sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 181
Do you know how mean these suckers are. I had a friend who had one, it would eat a neon every other night. He treated the tank as a fast food restaurant, thinking nobody would notice. I haven't seen one for years. Should go on to " fish you don't see anymore "
Ha ha, neons+predator=fat predator.

Thanks for trying to help, everybody. :) It wasn't a cory (from Asia, remember?) or a stone cat (though I've kept those and I love them!). It was shaped more like something in the mystus genus (not bimaculatus, though again I've kept those and love them). It was silvery colored, very small.

Not a loach, either. However:
That isn't the one I was thinking of, but I was looking at that one earlier. There are actually several dwarf loaches that are interesting, but they don't seem to be for sale anywhere, and a collection field trip to Sumatra is cost-prohibitive. Check these out:

I'd be happy with either of those, if anybody sold them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back