A Fishy Related Question

gearyboy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 5, 2005
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
staffordshire
Ive currently got a 126 litre tank but am upgrading soon to a 300-400 tank. Im currently decorating the dinning room were

the tank will live. I have a concrete floor so no problems there but we are putting down a lamenet floor before the tank

arrives. I am a bit concerned that the weight of the tank and water may damage the lamenet floor. Is there anything i can

do to try and prevent this? will the floor be damaged at all? has anyones tank damaged a lamanet flooring? any advice

would be appreciated!

Matt :good:
 
put abit of carpet the same size of the tank down and put the tank ontop of that.

I thought that as well, is that enough? my current tank has very small feet on, if my future tank has the same, should i not put them on? ie flat wood on laminat floor, distrubute weight better?
 
if the laminate gets wet between the cracks then it will swell up. this happened in my bedroom :lol:
 
Measure the section you want to put the tank on and dont put the laminate down.
 
or you can get some of that clear plastic sheet which is designed to go over carpets and other flooring for protection
 
I dont think you will have a problem unless it gets wet. As others have suggested I would put something under the tank or dont laminate under it.
 
Forget about that laminate flooring, Go for Ceramic Tiles M8 Especially seeing as you have a concrete foundation.
Easier to clean, mop, brush.
IMHO
Regards
C
 

Most reactions

Back
Top