A Few Things That I've Mentioned In The Past

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Torrean

The Hairy Potter
Reaction score
I should probably just keep my mouth shut and not draw attention to myself

I noticed a thread that got very heated...it was about advertising. I would've written about this there but it got closed before I saw it. If you look at my sig you'll see an advertisement for my website. It is still just a hobby for me. I haven't made any money. BUT I do advertise on this site, and I would LOVE to be able to donate a percentage of anything I make from tff back to this site. If I could do this I would feel more comfortable about talking about my work.

I remember a banner back when this website was getting updated that allowed people to donate money to the website to help pay for the update. I would like for this banner to be put back into place. Or something similair. I don't have the money to pay for advertising in the conventional sense. I'm not sure how much "sanctioned" advertising on this site costs. But I would be perfectly happy to donate a percentage of my profits derived from this site back to this site. Any mods have an Idea about a good way to go about this?

I've only sold one piece through tff so far but I've gotten a lot of interest and who knows maybe if I could talk about it more...mention special promotions for tff members...and mention that a percentage of the proceeds go towards the day to day expenses of tff...I might be able to pull in a bit of business.

Basically, I'm saying that I appreciate being able to market on this site...as well as having access to the wealth of information that is available here. Being able to help out newbie's who are in the same boat I was in a couple of years ago is great too. I love it here and I appreciate all the help I've recieved and I'd like to be able to give what I can back...

PS This is a stupid idea...but I'll say it anyways. What if we had a donation banner for each member. When they give you some good advice you donate what you think they're advice was worth to them. It would take some serious moderation to make it work...if it's even possible, it's a thought though. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how it could work and I'm sorta coming up blank because I'm sure people would just start posting rubbish hoping some fool will come along and pay them for it...hmm maybe we could have a delay on the donations. I'm not sure how it could work but it's a thought.

Could be possibly just have TFF paypal address and pay into that as/when we want to?
I am on EZBoards and we have to be EZSupporters to post on most of the forums (parent/child forums - no competition) and no one minds doing that. Cost me something like $12 a year.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back