A Few Q's

fishwatcher

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
South Carolina... Smiling Faces, Beautiful Places.
I am in the process of setting up my 20g. I've got the water, salt, power head, & substrate in. Will be getting 4-5 lbs live rock and 15 or so lbs base rock.

For stocking I am thinking this:

1 clown (ocelaris, but maybe perc)
a blenny of some sort (love the lawnmowers but heard they're hard to keep fed, so what other one would be good?)
either a firefish or a fairy wrasse (or both if they'll all go; if not, which one would be better for my tank?)

then 5-6 hermits, 6 or so snails, possibly an urchin and a small starfish down the road.

Would also like to know if an emerald crab or arrow crab would work here? Or maybe a shrimp or 2 would be better?

Thanks for the help!!

3 words, carpenters flasher wrasse. imo look better then the fairy wrasses usually stay smaller then most common fairy wrasses and if you get a firefish ensure tank iss covered and it may hide aloot! i think i heard from somewhere that flasher wrasses some anyway encourage fish to come out on show more how i do not no!

emerald crab would be fine and a shrimp too

bicolor blennies have lots of personality and arent fussy about waht they eat, and will keep ur tank algea free

I have seen those carpenter flash wrasses... oh so pretty!!

So could I go with:

1 clown
1 blenny (not sure which kind, they had a pretty white one with red/pink spots)
1 carpenter flash wrasse or fairy wrasse (depending on what they have in and how much they are)
1 firefish

Then the hermits, crab, snails, urchin and starfish?

yis carpenters and fairy wrasse are usually around the same price £16-18. a red spotted flymo is nice google that i think its a blenny of some sorts.

starfish i would wait till the tanks a bit more matured, im planning on a sandsifter and dwarf bristle star im not sure how there fair in a 20g though...

and urchins are big algae eaters, will mostr likely eat corraline as well, i trhink theres a few that dont though so you may wanna research them...

Yeah, I am planning on waiting at least 3 months before I try an urchin or starfish, if any. I'll have to really check out the starfish to see if any will work in my small tank. The urchin I've seen at the lfs is just a common $5 one, but I'm not sure what the actual name is. I'll have to find out so I can see about the corraline algae.
Do you happen to know what size/kind of shells I'll need for the hermits to have as they grow?
Thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Back