A Few Female Betta Questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks, I think I might do something like that. Would any sort of screening work, like the kind that is used for windows?

Any mesh would be OK, so long as the holes are smaller than a betta. Rigid meshes would stay in place better. Looking at pics of the chi, the filter sticks into the tank, so you would need to cut out a square to go round it. That would hold a rigid mesh in place quite well.

Well, I officially got the Chi :good:
So far, I LOVE it and would highly reccomend it. It's full of plants like curly Java Fern, Hornwort, a grassy looking one, and one that resembles an Amazon Sword, but it isn't that. It is an amazing tank, and I have zero complaints so far.
I have not encountered any of the problems listed in the reviews, and the light is actually very easy to turn on and off- you hardly have to even touch the water.
I just have one question, though; I bought a Fluval 25 watt heatre, and it still hasn't heated completely (about 20 degrees) so far, after 5 days. Is this normal? Or should I think that the heater may be broken?

P.S. I took a rigid place mat and cut a hole in the middle for the lid; it actually looks very good, much better than I expected.

maybe try turning the heater up just to get it moving, i did this on my 30gal, set my heater to 30 then turned it down, it actually dropped within a day or 2

This is the stupid problem with my stupid heater; it is preset to 27 degrees C. or something like that! You can't turn it up or down, it just does all the work for you.
Usually, that's quite nice, but it does have its flaws...

how odd :unsure: do yu have another heater you could pop in to heat it up a little quicker.

with it not getting to that temp i am wondering whether it will hold the temp anyway, might just drop right down again

Well, thankfully I traded heaters with a friend, so now the Fluval Chi is heated up :)

An important adition; I was using a cloth to cover the Chi, but it got totally soaked in water so I stopped using it. I cut a piece of lanolium to size, and put it on top. Is this okay for the fish, and if so do any of you have experience with it? :unsure:

An important adition; I was using a cloth to cover the Chi, but it got totally soaked in water so I stopped using it. I cut a piece of lanolium to size, and put it on top. Is this okay for the fish, and if so do any of you have experience with it? :unsure:

To make lids all we've done is to buy some persepex and cut it to size with a stanley knife. Clear perspex it really good as it still lets lots of light in the tank.

Also it'll make no difference if you get a male or a female. Both have the exact same personality. Just pick one you like

Well, since the olium immediately got soaked, I went out and bought some mesh, which is handling very nicely. I may upgrade to a glass lid soon, or my dad was thinking of making a japanese style wood cover.
On a different note, I have some betta names I'm considering... tell me what you like best, or offer your own! :good:

Male Betta Names:

-Apfelsaft (It means Apple Juice in german :p)
-Orangensaft (It means Orange Juice in german :p)
-Agent 32 (From Get Smart)
-Flint
-Flynn
-Finnegan

Female Betta Names:

-Juliet
-Fiji
-Rosetta
-Apflesaft/Orangensaft
-Agent 99

Tell me what you think :)

Most reactions