A Bully For A Bully?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wei_pad

Reaction score
My cute, little opaline gourami has now grown to an amazing 5 inch adult. Trouble is, now that he's an adult, he's become overly aggressive. He attacks any fish I have to death. He lives in a 55 gallon aquarium with 2 angels, a snakeskin gourami, a pleco, a small bala shark and some tetras. All are gentle and very calm. In fact, the used to get along. It's just my opaline whose gone rogue. So he's now alone in my backup 35 gal aquarium. Thing is, I don't want him to be all alone and gloomy. At the same time, I don't want to put any gentle fish cause he might murder them. So any thoughts on any good fish to be with him?

Put a bully fish in with him for a couple hours and then he will be fine. Worked with a friends Texas that was rampaging around his tank so he put it.in a tank with a flowerhorn and an hour or so later the Texas was good as gold

Put a bully fish in with him for a couple hours and then he will be fine. Worked with a friends Texas that was rampaging around his tank so he put it.in a tank with a flowerhorn and an hour or so later the Texas was good as gold

So what type of bully fish would be good? I think a flowerhorn would be too much. My friend's flowerhorn was big so he ate his 5 inch tinfoil barb tank mate.

putting another fish in to bully another fish is never a good idea.

putting another fish in to bully another fish is never a good idea.

I was thinking more along the lines of a semi-tough fish so that he'll be strong enough to not get murdered by my opaline but at the same time, peaceful enough so that he won't cause too much chaos. XD

Maybe just add some bottom dwellers to the 35 gallon tank? Like Corys?

He seems a bit over the top aggressive, even attacking plecos. I don't think anything is going to work, short of rehoming him into a massive tank.

He seems a bit over the top aggressive, even attacking plecos. I don't think anything is going to work, short of rehoming him into a massive tank.

Yeah I guess that's the only solution left. Shame though. It'll be sad to see him alone like that. :-(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back