Christi_22
Fish Crazy
Hi to all,
Just wandered if anyone has had similar experiences. I have spend ages cycling a little 5 gallon for our new addition, Aslan a red VT Betta. That all went to plan pretty much. (and he is gorgeous).
Just before the new arrival came home I decided to purchase a couple more plants (From Pets at Home, my first visit).
The plants seemed to be dong well, but suddenly I started noticing zillions of snails, (all sizes and shapes) then noticed little white worms, and tonight when cleaning out his tank, a whole half inch sized water nymph of some sort embedded in the roots of one of the plants. I am new to tropical fish keeping, and was aware that creatures could hitch a ride home on plants, but I am now really worried what nasties I may have introduced to the tank without knowing. I know the white worms aren't especially harmful, but the nymph? If all these creatures are introduced which are visible to the naked eye, what about the ones that aren't? For sure all new additions to my aquariums will be quarantined, Especially plants!!
Anyone had a similar experience? or even just some advice on preventing the unknown?
Thanks
C
Just wandered if anyone has had similar experiences. I have spend ages cycling a little 5 gallon for our new addition, Aslan a red VT Betta. That all went to plan pretty much. (and he is gorgeous).
Just before the new arrival came home I decided to purchase a couple more plants (From Pets at Home, my first visit).
The plants seemed to be dong well, but suddenly I started noticing zillions of snails, (all sizes and shapes) then noticed little white worms, and tonight when cleaning out his tank, a whole half inch sized water nymph of some sort embedded in the roots of one of the plants. I am new to tropical fish keeping, and was aware that creatures could hitch a ride home on plants, but I am now really worried what nasties I may have introduced to the tank without knowing. I know the white worms aren't especially harmful, but the nymph? If all these creatures are introduced which are visible to the naked eye, what about the ones that aren't? For sure all new additions to my aquariums will be quarantined, Especially plants!!
Anyone had a similar experience? or even just some advice on preventing the unknown?
Thanks
C







