90G STOCK OPINIONS AND IDEAS

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

xlinkinparkx

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

This is my 90G

I've been putting together this 90G for a while now, I have finally moved fish from two smaller aquariums in here and placed the plants/gravel/rocks where I wanted

I'd like to hear your thoughts on my stock and I am opened to any ideas.

Stock
4 keyhole cichlids
1 Geophragus Red Head (I've been told they like to be in small groups)
2 Bolivian rams
5 salt and pepper cories
8 Bosmani rainbows
4 pearl? Rainbows
9 silver tip tetras
3 Otto's
1 7" adult pleco
3 zebras

What do you think of my stock?

I was told Geos like to be in small groups so I might add another 2 females if I have the space for it. What do you think?

I would also like to add some color I find the aquarium is missing, I was thinking a few Sailfin Mollies

Lastly what are your thoughts of Geo's with Rams or Keyholes? He seems to be bullying the Keyholes from time to time, nothing major just chasing them around, there are tons of hiding spaces, and the Keyholes are not showing signs of stress(they usually turn black when stressed)

Thanks folks

Looks like you gave some good hiding places with the rocks, must be feeding time with all the fish near the top.

There are several potential concerns regarding environmental compatability...
Geophragus (and rainbows) need warmer water than cories can cope with long term
Most of the fish you mention require soft water, but the rainbows (and mollies) require hard water.
Ottos need a bigger group
Cories should have a bigger group (5 is the absolute minimum, in a 90G you should have more)
What zebras did you mean?

Keeping this combination in the same tank will compromise the health and affect affect the lifespan of some of the species.

If you let us know the hardness of your water (GH) someone could advise. Note that we will need the number and the unit of measure

Great looking tank. Hope you consider entering it in our next Tank of the Month Contest starting on January 1st, 2020! Meanwhile please vote in our Tank of the Year contest. Click on banner at top of forums to view the entries.

Most reactions

trending

Back