90cm/150 Litre - "patience"

Hoepfully! :D

I'm also hoping to pressgang Dan on UKAPS over to help me out with the layout! I might need to provide beer and pizza of course ;)

Hoepfully! :D

I'm also hoping to pressgang Dan on UKAPS over to help me out with the layout! I might need to provide beer and pizza of course ;)

Mmmmm I am So Tempted to come down to see Steve buy fish and to resist buying any from Angie. The only way I am going to avoid temptation is if Angie DOES NOT have any other Micro Fish in apart from the Ember Tetras.

Just a little update. I've just done a second water change. I'm noticing some patches of HC are dying back, and I assume (hope!) it's because it's emmersed growth transforming into submersed. I've noticed some detritus build up on the e. acicularis. A bit of a swoosh over with my tweezers sorts that out. I'm assuming it's from the HC die off. Also a little P. helferi die back, but I think the plants weren't in the best of condition from storage for 2 weeks.

Anyhow, during the water change I decided to tinker with the Blyxa and I think I did good. Basically I've just moved some of the shorter plants further forward on the right edge and spaced some of the plants out. It looks a little less compact and just generally sits better on the eye :)

I'll post some pics tomorrow hopefully!

Quick pic I took last night, showing the tweaked blyxa:

Day005_Front.jpg

Thanks everyone :)

I had been put onto the idea of Ruby tetra for this tank. I was going to go that route but Stang says she can't get them which is a shame. I think I'll stick with embers in that case :)

I've noticed the HC is definately growing a little. Stems seemed to be getting longer but I can see tiny leaves sprouting now :) I'm going give it a bit of a trim and re-plant after next water change (tonight or tomorrow). Theres a fair amount of die off from emersed growth I think. The Staurogyne is growing well too.

Seems to be a fair bit of debris settling on the stone, so I need to look at my flow pattern. I want to arrange it so both filter outlets are on the right side pushing water to the left. Both inlets will stay in the back right for now. I'm going to save up for 2x Cal Aqua 17mm lily sets (£90 each!) It's my 30th birthday in May, so I'll see if I can guilt trip family members into giving me money towards them ;)

Anyhow, hopefully post some new pics in the next few days... Still setting up a little opt-white (star fire glass) nano on the side!

love to know how this is comming on.....

also, did you get the blyxa from AE? looks lush. :shifty:

Nope, the Blyxa is mostly from a UKAPS member (TDI-Line). Some was Tropica "bunched" which arrived in a bit of a state unfortunately, but I think is making a come back :)

I think the blyxa is suffering a little, I'm getting a lot of melt. Other than this, and some die off on the HC (emerged growth dying off I think, new growth comming through now) every thing else seems more or less OK. The downoi is growing slowly, with some new shoots appearing. It's recovering just about. HC runners are growing in parts, and newer tiny leaves are on a lot of it. I need to ideally spend some time trimming and re-planting.

One change to the hardscape made today. I was in the back garden earlier and found two chunks of seiryu stone I'd fogotten I had :lol: One was a good upgrade for the peak of my "mountain". It's larger but not overpowering I don't think...

Before (taken day 5):

Day005_Front.jpg

After:

Day020_Front.jpg

Apologies for the shoddy pic, taken with my iPhone...

growth has really come on! i like the way you did your background with a tube

Purely accidental! :) It's just the way the light reflects of my horrible orange wall :blink: The rubbish camera in my phone also doesn't help :)

I added 4 guppies from another tank the other night, to make sure the filters stay alive. I'll add some more soon, as 4 guppies in 150 litres isn't really a lot :lol:

Hoping to go see Stang1 on Saturday for some fish (if she's working!)

growth has really come on! i like the way you did your background with a tube

Purely accidental! :) It's just the way the light reflects of my horrible orange wall :blink: The rubbish camera in my phone also doesn't help :)

I added 4 guppies from another tank the other night, to make sure the filters stay alive. I'll add some more soon, as 4 guppies in 150 litres isn't really a lot :lol:

Hoping to go see Stang1 on Saturday for some fish (if she's working!)
Tank is looking great!
I am working Saturday so look forward to seeing you! ;)

Well, had a great trip to MA, and was fantastic to catch up with Angie (Stang1) :) I came home with about 50 ember tetra for this tank, as well as 3 ottos (already have more at home to go in this tank too). Got them all in and aclimatised. I have a suspicion that a few young serpae tetra got mixed in with these guys, but not sure yet. Going to have a closer look tomorrow :)

I also came away with a group of 20 or so Mosquito Rasbora, for my nano tank :) They look great "buzzing" about in there, but I'm thinking there might be a few too many for this tank. Looks like a swarm as apose to a nicely balanced shoal! I might move half to my 27 litre shrimp tank :)

Just wanted to say thanks again to Angie for the catch up and fish geek converstion :D I'll definately take you up on the offer of helping out with a planted scape if you want it! And even an instore tank if I have the courage to do it ;)

Photos tomorrow hopefully!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back