$800 Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aww :wub: It's beautiful! But *very* expensive lol

I agree it is *very* expensive however I don't think that it is beatiful. It is the kind of fish that you can say WOW at when people see it in your fish tank. But I wouldn't call it beautiful.

Just not my taste.

i dont know how anyone would sell it at that price, but i would never buy one at that size either
i like to raise it when it was small
about 400 in usd is a lot, i rather buy myself a green aro or something

Aww :wub: It's beautiful! But *very* expensive lol

I agree it is *very* expensive however I don't think that it is beatiful. It is the kind of fish that you can say WOW at when people see it in your fish tank. But I wouldn't call it beautiful.

Just not my taste.

I agree with ringham... I'll be honest, he's just not that pretty to look at to me :p how long would it take for a gourami to grow that big anyways?

Yes $800 for a Giant Gourami that size is about right in AUSTRALIA. They are a rare fish here and as far as I know they are no longer allowed to import them, which will probably make them even more expensive.

lol I still like the red-finned giant gouramis better lol. They look awesome when they are small. I just hate when people grow their's out and they get ugly..very sad to see. Like oscars too, people treat theirs poorly and it looks REALLY ugly when fully grown.

almost every gourami is going to get ugly when they get big
even though i have one i know it will eventually
red tails look ok
i dont like the body because its all gray
i like the way mine looks though :lol:
even though they do get ugly later on, they are all great fish
to me, gouramis are the smartest and the fish with the most personality thats why the owners of them dont really care because they probably already know this was going to happen sooner or later

Or they are like me :p I think the adults are beautiful! I don't get how someone could call them ugly!

I also don't see why an oscar is ugly once mature - oscars don't realy change much during their development. If you like the young ones, you're bound to like the older ones as well (IMO anyway).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back