75gal

D4N

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have a 75 gal tank and im still thinkg of stocking!!
what good oddballs could go in

ty

Senegal or Del Bichirs. (I perfer albino senegal, but I'm bias)

African Brown knife fish.

peacock eels.

Really there's a lot. check the index. :good:

You could have a Ornate Bichir OR a Siamese tiger fish, and then some other fish, smallish though...

Or, go for a couple of dels or senegals and then a trio+ of eels, or just one single, then you could probably add something like a Snakehead (try something small, like a green snakehead) for the mid/ upper level.

Im sure you could get some other things in there too...Siamese tigers grow slow, so you could have on from 4" for about 3 or 4 years until its 8" ish....

Also, look into some catfish aswell, if your into oddballs...Lima shovel nose would be ok, aslong as you have good filteration....also things like pims etc. could go in, if you go for smaller species of fish...like the smaller bichirs etc.

Any more help needed just ask :good:

Mikey

Ornates get 2' remember :/

Anyway, African brown knive, eel's etc. would work.

never a good idea to get a fish knowing it will outgrow your aquarium :S

It's better to get something that can live life in there :nod:

Elaphant noses are cool. Upside down catfish and striped rapheal cats are also cool.

Well look in the fish profiles, you will see that CFC has written an artical on them, stating that a 75 is the minimum. Thats why things like senegals wtc. can go in a 30g, cos their inactive, and ornates even more so (i believe?)...

I think you would need very good filteration, and keep ontop of the water changes, but you would be ok IMO.

If that was my tank, id go for 4 pim pictus, for lots of activity, some ABFs for the upper levels, and then a snakehead and possably a small siamese tigerfish, and also a peacock spiny eel aswell. Or, you could go for a bichir or similar.

Thats my view on it anyway,

Mikey

Well look in the fish profiles, you will see that CFC has written an artical on them, stating that a 75 is the minimum. Thats why things like senegals wtc. can go in a 30g, cos their inactive, and ornates even more so (i believe?)...

I think you would need very good filteration, and keep ontop of the water changes, but you would be ok IMO.

If that was my tank, id go for 4 pim pictus, for lots of activity, some ABFs for the upper levels, and then a snakehead and possably a small siamese tigerfish, and also a peacock spiny eel aswell. Or, you could go for a bichir or similar.

Thats my view on it anyway,

Mikey

yes i got gd filterlation

i have a fluval 304 exturnal and 2 eheim 2212s

isnt this stocking a bit over stocked?

Well what are you thinking you'd prefer to have???

Would you prefer one larger predator, like an ornate, or would you like a few differant species of fish, for abit more variation, and activity?

Also, there things like catfish to consider too, if you like things abit differant...

Another thing you could do, is have a couple of larger fish (like senegals, eels, snakeheads etc.) and some bottom dwellers, like pims etc and then a shoal of silver dollars....That would make for a good tank IMO, but really, what you need to do is tell us abit more about what your most interested in :nod: ....Whether it be as big as possable, cool feeding paterns/activity, something hard to find/rare or just something that looks nice...

Mikey :good:

Well what are you thinking you'd prefer to have???

Would you prefer one larger predator, like an ornate, or would you like a few differant species of fish, for abit more variation, and activity?

Also, there things like catfish to consider too, if you like things abit differant...

Another thing you could do, is have a couple of larger fish (like senegals, eels, snakeheads etc.) and some bottom dwellers, like pims etc and then a shoal of silver dollars....That would make for a good tank IMO, but really, what you need to do is tell us abit more about what your most interested in :nod: ....Whether it be as big as possable, cool feeding paterns/activity, something hard to find/rare or just something that looks nice...

Mikey :good:
ok what im looking for is nice acitive large ish fish but a few difernent types nice tank that you could sit there and watch for ages
only fish i have in at the moment is banded leporinus but i could sell if i needed to
the fish carnt be to much money
any help?

In that case then, id say:
1x del or senegal bichir
4x pim pictus
1x green snakehead
1x ABF
1x peacock spiny eel
and then maybe choose a larger catfish, about 8" or so...

As long as the filteration and waterchages are good, i think that would be good.

Another thing to consider would be an oscar, as theyre very interactive fish...

Mikey

In that case then, id say:
1x del or senegal bichir
4x pim pictus
1x green snakehead
1x ABF
1x peacock spiny eel
and then maybe choose a larger catfish, about 8" or so...

As long as the filteration and waterchages are good, i think that would be good.

Another thing to consider would be an oscar, as theyre very interactive fish...

Mikey
i have thought of an oscar but now seeing what you would do you have changed my mind
what is a ABF
how much are about these fish and how hard are they to find?

ABF=African butterfly fish (have a look in the fish profiles section)

Yeah, your tanks quite large, and to me, i wouldnt want to put just one fish in if it was mine....
The pims are easy to find, and should be at any LFS for about £5 depending on price. The ABF should be about £5 too if you can find one, but you should be able to get one ordered in. The bichir shouldnt be a problem, probs about £12 for one of an ok size, same with the eel, and abit less for the snakehead. Now, all these fish will not probably be in stock at any old fish shop, so youll probably have to get them ordered in. There are changes you can make (for example, instead of the ABF, you could get a golden panchax, and theres quite a few differant cats you could get, like hoplos etc. There are quite a few eel and snakehead variants out there, so just try and get the scientific name.)

Any one see any problems with that stocking???

MIkey

Most reactions

Back