75Gal Re-scape

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kawonu

Reaction score
Letting the "dust" settle from removing everything from my 75 to magically transform the aquascape. I didn't clean the tank, I just drained the water, picked out the big rocks, added more Ocean Forest and mixed with sand and some gravel. Now I'm letting everything settle before topping off with Flourite substrate. I have a whole ton (maybe 1/4 ton) of plants and part of the fish are almost out of quarantine. I'll try to keep this up as I can but for sure the next week should be exciting for this tank.

Attachments

• 20200810_210249.jpg
    20200810_210249.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 656
Thought I would throw in a pic or three of my other tanks. First one there in my 20L with two Honey Gold Gourami. They are in there with 4 Chili Rasboras and Bob. Bob is a really cool Betta. Yes they get along great. 2nd pic is another Gourami in my 55 as is the third pic of my 55. There are a ton more fish in there I'll have to post later. These were the ones available when I turned the light on just a bit a go eh. The last is my quarantine tank I call a 10gal. It has jungle val, Cryptocoryne Wendtii, Scarlet Temple and about a handful each of Featherfin Rainbows and CPD's. They and a bunch more plants, and a few more fish, are all going in the 75.

Attachments

• 20Gal (4).jpg
    20Gal (4).jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 55Gal (3).jpg
    55Gal (3).jpg
    207 KB · Views: 56
  • 55Gal (4).jpg
    55Gal (4).jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Quarantine Tank (1).jpg
    Quarantine Tank (1).jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 59
I got the Flourite substrate over the Ocean Forest soil. Planted root tabs about every 4 inches and used up all the extra plants I have on hand right now, I have two more orders of plants coming. I just have to wait for the water to clear up and maybe a water change or two and I'll be adding fish.

Attachments

• 75gal_Rescape_0001.jpg
    75gal_Rescape_0001.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 59
Black angels, Raphael catfish, Redtail Shark, and a ton of CPD's and Featherfin Rainbows. I have a few different plants coming soon also to add in there.

I was thinking about that and if I see anything going on I plan on putting them over in my 55. May have to do the same with the rainbows too. Hopefully they will be big and fast enough to avoid any danger.

CPDs are very timid and easily out competed for food. They are best in a species only tank or with small sedate nano fish. Would be great in a 55G because you could have a couple of hundred :). I have 20-30 (they have been breeding) in a 15G and even the cherry shrimp in there are capable of chasing them off their food. I also would not suggest less than 20 if you want to see them.

Last edited:
You 55 gallon looks nice, I have one and it is my tetra tank. My 20 long is my favorite since it is so easy to work on but right now my RES turtles are occupying it.

Looking nice so far! :good:

You 55 gallon looks nice, I have one and it is my tetra tank. My 20 long is my favorite since it is so easy to work on but right now my RES turtles are occupying it.
Is a 20g long big enough for RES? I always thought they needed like a 50g. (I could be wrong, lol)

I CPD's in with my serpae tetras and they were right there with them on the food and I've never had them off hiding. I just got a brave batch I guess cause I hear everyone saying how timid and shy they are. But not mine. One of mine would chase off anything that came around his plant.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back