75 Gallon Rebuild.

Light intensity (they can handle light) isn't as important as tons of flow & put the sun in an area where you can easily target feed it. A lot of people think they need to be in caves, or overhangs, they don't & frankly won't thrive there because those spots tend to have little flow in a typical tank. If you have any questions, let me know.

L

Light intensity (they can handle light) isn't as important as tons of flow & put the sun in an area where you can easily target feed it. A lot of people think they need to be in caves, or overhangs, they don't & frankly won't thrive there because those spots tend to have little flow in a typical tank. If you have any questions, let me know.

L
I think that I have the perfect spot for one but the only question I have is how often to feed and also which color? My new Lfs had a cool white/pink one.

L
I think that I have the perfect spot for one but the only question I have is how often to feed and also which color? My new Lfs had a cool white/pink one.

Is that even a sun coral? White an pink are more typical coloration of balanos. I'd have to see it though to be sure of what it was. Any way you can get a picture?

L

L

Is that even a sun coral? White an pink are more typical coloration of balanos. I'd have to see it though to be sure of what it was. Any way you can get a picture?

L
They already sold it lol. But I reserved a giant leather coral for $30.

I was bad today :lol: . There will be pictures soon.
Hint: llj has some

Uh oh...

You guys! I'm a HORRIBLE influence!!

What did you get??

Pictures or it didn't happen.

There will be pics when I get home. Haha. Don't worry they are not a difficult coral to keep.

Ok like I said Llj has some of the most fantastic Ricordeas that I have ever seen :good: .So I decided to be a bargain hound today and I sniffed out a Ricordea that has 3 mouths and is about to split.
IMAG0521-1.jpg

I also got a fairly large leather coral that I will post a picture of tomorrow because he is still sulking.
The bad/good part is that I didn't pay a single cent. :shifty:

Rics!! Good, good find! I got that blue color too.

The third mouth away from the other two may just split naturally on its own.

How big is it?

Oooooo! Good score, clay! I still need to sit on my butt and split my rics & mount them onto rocks. A possible project for the weekend. Need to buy some good blades first.

L

It is 3 inches across. And I would split it but I'm paranoid about that stuff I dont wanna kill it.

Unless you have very poor water quality, it's rather rare to kill a ricordea florida by splitting it. I rather unceremoniously split my green rhodactis that was getting way too large. All three pieces are doing great. That being said, I still won't take a blade to Purty Flower, my bit orange yuma, but yumas are more finicky about being split.

I'll try to split some ricordea mushrooms this weekend for you and you can see the process. I'm due for a split. I can cover my 36g with rics if I split and remount them.

L

As promised here is the leather
IMAG0526.jpg

and here is a video of a wierd spider webby worm thing. :lol:
Enjoy

The video is sideways because of my phone. But it is dead center and it moves a lot.

Most reactions

Back