7 tetras died when I was on vacation :(

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I just got back from a 5 day vacation. I have 6 tanks. One of which is a fry tank. I just got home and noticed that a few tetras were missing. I had 4 neons and 4 lemon tetras plus a few other very peaceful fish in my 20 gallon. I came home and saw some floating fish and skeletons. I realized that I was missing all of my lemon tetras and 3 of my neons. Never would have expected my tetras to die. I don’t think I lost a single other fish. This sucks as I’ve only been in the hobby for about 7 months and this tank was my first so it’s my most established. The neons were the first fish that I purchased.

How often do you do water changes. Hopefully you did a water change right before you left. I always do water changes right before I leave for a couple of days to prevent bad things from happening. Did someone feed them when you were gone?

How often do you do water changes. Hopefully you did a water change right before you left. I always do water changes right before I leave for a couple of days to prevent bad things from happening. Did someone feed them when you were gone?
I did a water change the day we left. And they weren’t fed

They should have been OK then. Sorry for your loss. Were your lights left off or on a timer?

Ok. I left the blinds open so they got sunlight and also I have a tank across the room that lights the tank up a decent amount.
The window didn’t heat the tank too much did it? Just thinking of possibilities.

Did your heater or air pump/filter stop working? Lack of oxygen?

It’s just strange that it was all tetras. They don’t like high heat. Perhaps @Colin_T can shed some light.

Is it possible there was a power outage?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back