66l Stocking Ideas

LellowFish

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Yup, as the title says. Throw stocking ideas for my 66L tank in my sig at me! I really have no idea what to put in it and I need some suggestions from you lot, seeing as you have more experience than I do.

Dimensions are 24"x12"x14" if that helps?

Thanks in advance!
 
Can you give us any idea of what type of fish you like? Say tetras or gouramis or barbs? I think you would get alot more suggestions then. Could you post a pic of the plec, i'm sure someone will be able to identify it.
 
I'm open to any kind of fish, to be honest. Just something that's interesting to look at and seems to have some sort of a personality.

I would get a photo of the plec but he is extremely shy. All you have to do it approach the tank and he's gone. He only ever comes out when the light is out and I can't get a good shot.
 
Firstly i really would identify the plec to prevent later problems.

What type of tank do you want?

Community

Speciese

Or maybe you just want shoaling fish?

Have a look on google and such and tell us what you like then we can tell you if it is suitable or not :good:

And make sure you find out what that plec is.
 
Purple Emperor Tetra (Impachthys kerri)

inpaichthys_kerri.jpg
 
Firstly i really would identify the plec to prevent later problems.

What type of tank do you want?

Community

Speciese

Or maybe you just want shoaling fish?

Have a look on google and such and tell us what you like then we can tell you if it is suitable or not :good:

And make sure you find out what that plec is.

Right, next water change I'll net him and snap a pic.

Probably a species tank to start off with seeing as it's my first tank, I probably sound like such a newbie but I'm not-ish.

I like the look of the Purple Emperor Tetra that andywatson29 posted, they are very pretty fish!
 
Well check out a few species you like and go from there, i think it could make a lovely species tank if you pick your fish right.
 
So, here is a list I made up. Feel free to shoot it down or suggest alternatives! In no particular order:

Bloodfin Tetra
Purple Emperor Tetra
Black Neon Tetra
Shrimp?
Guppy (Male only to prevent unwanted fry)
Neon Tetra
Male Betta (Or group of females)
Dwarf Gourami

I may add to this as time goes by, but I think that's it for now.
 
So, here is a list I made up. Feel free to shoot it down or suggest alternatives! In no particular order:

Dwarf Gourami

I may add to this as time goes by, but I think that's it for now.

Dwarf Gouramis have a very low survival rate! Have you looked at Dwarf Cichlids?
 
So, here is a list I made up. Feel free to shoot it down or suggest alternatives! In no particular order:

Bloodfin TetraNot familiar with these
Purple Emperor TetraVery nice fish
Black Neon TetraNot too familiar with these
Shrimp?Great for a clean up crew
Guppy (Male only to prevent unwanted fry)Potentially agressive towards each other a more peacefull choice would be all females
Neon TetraCardinals are a more colourful option and remember they need shoals and can be eaten by larger fish
Male Betta (Or group of females)Not with any of the fish listed here, as an avid betta keeper i always recomend males be kept in a tank of their own or if the tank is large enough with a few select bottom dwellers and females in a sorority although they can be kept in communitys with the right tank mates (but they can be just as aggresive as males)
Dwarf GouramiBeautiful fish and i'm pretty sure you could get them in your tank

I may add to this as time goes by, but I think that's it for now.

Thats what i think anyway.

I suggest the dwarf/honey gouramis with some bottom dwellers (depending on your plec) and whatever else you like that will be suitable.

Don't take my word for the fish keeping guide though lol make sure you listen to anyone else who replys (they make well say i'm giving awful advise but each their own :unsure: )

Keep us posted :good:
 
So, here is a list I made up. Feel free to shoot it down or suggest alternatives! In no particular order:

Dwarf Gourami

I may add to this as time goes by, but I think that's it for now.

Dwarf Gouramis have a very low survival rate! Have you looked at Dwarf Cichlids?

As a matter of fact, my dad suggested Dwarf Cichlids. I like Cockatoo's but they might be too big for the tank at 3"?

Forestpisces: The male Betta would only be kept on his own, with the exception of the plec. (Depending on species)
 
Bump...Any more suggestions?

Oh, and how many Purple Emperor Tetras could happily live in my tank?

And how many Bloodfin Tetras could happily live there?

I've decided that it's going to be a species tank so only one of the two above would be in there. Although I would love more suggestions!
 
Dwarf Ciclids would be fine in a tank that size. Cockatoos would be ideal, although you wouldnt be able to have a whole lot more fish in the tank. Corydoras go great with the Cockatoos, or even a small shoal would increase the look. I have Some Dwarf Ciclids in a 60l tank, and they have always done fine, even laid eggs.
 
Oh, the Plec as I have recently found out is a Common Plec and will be sold/given away when the new fish arrive.

As to what the new fish will be, I have no idea yet...Choosing between Bloodfin Tetra, Purple Emperor Tetra or Dwarf Cockatoo Cichlids.
 
So, here is a list I made up. Feel free to shoot it down or suggest alternatives! In no particular order:

Dwarf Gourami

I may add to this as time goes by, but I think that's it for now.

Dwarf Gouramis have a very low survival rate! Have you looked at Dwarf Cichlids?


I was thinking a piar of apistogramma.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top