65L Tank Revamp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Tank is looking great, can't wait to see it with plants in :good:

They're great honestly. They got my spiffy new betta, Eventide, in for me when I asked. 

It's an interesting place to live. I live a long way from Darwin though thankfully. The wet season is horrid 
evilmad.gif

My light FINALLY came today so on Saturday I'm heading down to the LFS to take a look for some plants. I'd go tomorrow but the boyfriend has to fiddle with the light a bit to get it to sit right. I can't wait for plants 
yahoo.gif

Picked up some vallis and that the other day. Not a whole lot but it looks nicer already 
tongue2.gif

DSCN1073 (640x480).jpg

I'd take a picture of the tank with the light on but the light has blue leds that make everything look fake and tacky somehow. I can't turn them off either 
angry.png

Thanks. I have a friend giving me some java moss/fern that I'm going to use in both of my 65l tanks. It will really complete it I reckon. 
good.gif

I'm planning on redoing my other 65l tank now. I've got the rock and some mopani wood ready, just need a day off to work on it 
happy.png
 It needs more hiding spots and some of my plants weren't doing too well so it's pretty bare now 
sad.png

I managed to find a place to buy plants without having to deal with quarantine laws! 
yahoo.gif

Added the crypt and java moss today. Wasn't expecting to get so much moss haha. 

DSCN1081 (640x480).jpg

Here is a pic with the flash off. You can't really tell that the vallis is taking over yet.

DSCN1084 (640x480).jpg

I ended up putting some of the extra  moss into the tetra tank. I decided to put some mopani wood in there as well and I like it a lot better.

And here's the tetra tank. I'm finding that I quite like tannins in this tank, really brings out the colours of the fish.

DSCN1085 (640x480).jpg

I'll update again if the crypt in the guppy tanks gets established 
noexpression.gif

:yahoo: Always good when you can bypass the quarantine laws ;)

Will look great once the moss grows in a bit more!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back