65L Planted Journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As many of you may have known, I had recently closed down my fifty-five gallon aquarium in order to replace it with a smaller, more manageable aquarium. I've finally come to the point where I was able set up the tank and start cycling. The tank is a 65 litre cube which I had purchased on eBay. It was quite cheap, at just over £30. The postage however was more costly as it was from Germany. The total of the tank only came up to about £45 though which I think is quite fantastic considering it is brand new. I had also purchased an AquaEl EasyHeater due to it's slim and incognito design, a Marina S20 hang on back filter (which is incredibly quiet) as well as 18W LED lights which I am also quite pleased with. 

The substrate I am using is NutraSoil. It's exactly what I had in mind when imagining the tank, I love the look of it. It is supposedely black but under the light it has more of a brown colour which I am fond of, it looks more natural rather than a deep black coloured sand or the like.

I'm unsure what plants I will be using but I do have my eyes on bacopa monnieri and echinodorus tenellus. Besides those two, I'm still unsure. Was considering baby tears but I don't think I have the right setup for a plant as demanding as that. 

Stocking
  • Red Cherry Shrimp
  • Amano Shrimp
  • Small schooling species
  • Possibly a smaller species of Corydoras 
I'm unsure of what schooling species as of right now, I am a fan of Cherry Barbs but they are quite similar in colour to Red Cherry Shrimp so it's putting me off a tad. I'm considering slender harlequins, galaxy rasboras, or fivebanded barbs. 

Would also like to thank Ch4rlie for his help with this project
smile.png

z3AYEOJ.jpg

C7xKSMg.jpg

Cool man, about how big are the gravel pieces? They look great, might get something similar for one of my tanks.

I'm guessing about 2mm wide/tall. It's got a nice look to it, definitely prefer it over sand which I was using before.

Nice :good:

That substrate and filter looks kinda familiar :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back