60L Planted Betta Tank (How To Squeeze Big Things Into Small Places)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It's too homogenous without pebbles :D Really love making designs with them and driftwood. It's very zen!

Having some trouble with my CO2 setup, the fluval 88 is not turning off completely, second unit to do it. The 3 way adaptor I bought to split the CO2 between tanks have separate valves that don't appear to turn off completely either, and the diffuser for the new tank leaks out the side, second one to do that too. End result is no CO2 in the tanks for the last few days and a nearly empty bottle.

I was thinking to upgrade the disposable to a 1 litre with an adaptor for the 88 but as this is the second one to **** itself, might just bite the bullet and go to a proper valve and solenoid. when the shop opens tomorrow will see what we can do.

Tank is just brewing algae already, can see it on the glass.

*grumpy face*

The tank looks amazing so far!

Sorry you're having some issues, though not sure at all what you said! :lol: Grumpy face to match your bettas!

Hey Nin, I inject carbon dioxide into my tank for the plants to grow; the canister gets turned off at night but it's not turning off completely, and the fittings to get it into the water are not behaving :D

tunagirll said:
Hey Nin, I inject carbon dioxide into my tank for the plants to grow; the canister gets turned off at night but it's not turning off completely, and the fittings to get it into the water are not behaving
biggrin.png
Oh I see :p I hope you can get that fixed soon!

Hmph, I still think you should just skip all the trouble of a new tank and just ship the pretty fish to us less fortunate people in the states. :p

CO2 back up and running :D

And I just received word that my gobies and native shrimp have been shipped too! My EI ferts should come this week too. It's looks like a good week! :)

Woohoo! Good news all around. Hope the fish & shrimp arrive safely :)

Wow! Your tank is looking great!
It's always fun to see what others are doing with their nanos!

l_l_l said:
Do you think a 60l tank still counts as a nano? :)

The water is so brown with tannins it's affecting the plants. Time for another water change!

tunagirll said:

Do you think a 60l tank still counts as a nano?
smile.png

The water is so brown with tannins it's affecting the plants. Time for another water change!

Oh ! I'm not sure, it's so tiny and tidy I must call it a nano.
In any case, great work!
Is that a mr Aqua Tank you have? :)

l_l_l said:
Oh ! I'm not sure, it's so tiny and tidy I must call it a nano.

In any case, great work!
Is that a mr Aqua Tank you have?
smile.png

I seem to have developed a habit of buying a cheap no brand tank and then stuffing it full of expensive things! I do really like these tanks though, they are not expensive and they look very nice with the rounded corners at the front.

You may be interested to know that in the 30l tank I put in 10 cherries with the new betta Fabio, I seem to have lost 4 but 6 remain after nearly a week - the larger ones. More importantly, he seems to ignore them now and they are no longer as actively hiding from him. I hope that we might actually have a winner this time :) I have a shipment of Darwin Red Nose and Chameleon shrimp coming for the 60l tank and I am hoping that while Nigel is known to be aggressive with the cherries, the more neutral colours of these natives might deter him.

Hopefully it does well, because those Darwin Red Nose shrimp and Chameleon are quite expensive! XD
I for my end, are going to stick with putting those lower quality Cherries I'll have in my other tank ;)
I'll leave the expensive stuff for the shrimp only tank :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back