5Gal Paludarium Build Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I love that tiny toad.

This is truly epic. I might just do something similar. As other have said, it doesn't have to be big and expensive to be amazing.

Figured I should update this.

A week ago it looked like this :blush:. Yeah as you can see I haven't done anything with it. I fed the toad, who decided he wasn't going to hibernate so I'm stuck with him now. And I added water to replace evaporated water. The stream didn't work for a while. Well I'm not sure if it worked or not because I couldn't see most of it. I couldn't see a lot of stuff :lol:. I'm pretty sure there were more plants/roots than water in the water side. I'm pretty sure there were more plants than air! The fish, cherry shrimp. and toad didn't seem to care.

I will try to post pics of the prunning and what it looks like now tomorrow.

P1100822.jpg

P1100824.jpg

P1100825.jpg

id love some pics of it pruned and some of the livestock looks good tho

The tube from the filter goes through the rock wall at the back of the tank. There are pics of that on the first page.

Pics of prunning the tank

P1100832.jpg

P1100831.jpg

P1100830.jpg

once tank had cleared

P1100845.jpg

P1100846.jpg

P1100969.jpg

P1100850.jpg

Still need to work on it a little. The plastic is really dirty :blush:.

awsome looks great

Wow looks amazing! Brings back memories of my first ever fish tanks it was the same 5.5 mini bow but from what i remember it was green
Good luck!

Just came across this thread, and I just wanna say, WOW!

I saw this at your house that one time I came over to get a few plants, but I had no idea you went through all that! Now I wanna see it again in person! lol

-FHM

this is awesome... im going to make one, but i think i might (unfortunatly) have to wait for summer, so i can get some plants for the land side.

this is awesome... im going to make one, but i think i might (unfortunatly) have to wait for summer, so i can get some plants for the land side.

I still want to make one of these. But I would have to wait till summer for a different reason. It is because I make more in the summer, and this year, I don't plan on setting up many more tanks because I am satisified with the size of the one I have now. I think this looks amazing...

wow, that looks great, but isn't it a bit mean keeping the toad in a little tank?

cheers :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back