55 litre planted

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Cydeth

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got this tank a few months ago and it's just been sitting around, so it was time I did something about it.

I was struggling to find some nice apistogramma recently and put some feelers out amongst my friends, and that ended up with me getting some double red cacatuoides, fire red agassizii and some bitaeniata.

I'm now being offered a pair of trifasciata, and a pair of macmasteri. This tank will be for one of those pairs, although I'm undecided which I will take at the moment.

The heater currently installed is a preset tetra that has been sat in my spares locker for some time. It seems to be holding a steady 25c, but I may change it out at some point before I introduce the fish. I like having the control.

There's a digital thermometer installed but out of the shot, and that filter is purely there to clear the water. I've got an established sponge filter in another tank that I'm going to use so I don't need to wait on a fishless cycle.

I've used some dragon stone and bog wood from my stock pile and all of the plants are trimmings from my other tanks. There is also a home made coconut hide, some catappa leaves and a couple of seed pods.

The plants are as follows, although I forget the name of the one at the right front.

Back left - heteranthera zosterifolia
Back right - Not yet planted, but I will be most likely using limnophila hippuridoides

Left mid - limnophila aromatica

Front left - bacopa monieri compact
Front right - I can't remember, but it's an attractive plant with a red stem.

I've also attached some narrow leaf microsorum to the coconut hide and some of the rocks, and I put a little elodea densa near the middle. That won't be staying there, I'll likely move it to the right mid when I add more or this grows in.

Apologies for the reflections.

Edit to add - I've currently got some red root floaters and dwarf water lettuce in there. Whichever grows best will stay.

Attachments

• 0C6E05F3-7B90-4367-9DEF-D3CFA6646DF8.jpeg
    0C6E05F3-7B90-4367-9DEF-D3CFA6646DF8.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 75

Most reactions

trending

Back