55 Gallon Multis

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I removed the water lettuce from the surface. The current pushed it too much into a clump of stunted plants, constantly shedding roots, and algae. It looks so much better without it!
BBA has set in. I don't mind it on the rocks, but I'll be taking out the Aponogeton to make sure the BBA doesn't choke it.
I don't have any pictures of the tank yet, but I should have some soon.
Here's a few pictures from the colony. I've got three batches of fry visible right now, two fry each. Probably three mm long.
tumblr_ozbyc09iIi1w9al5uo1_540.jpg

tumblr_ozducwrz3A1w9al5uo3_540.jpg

tumblr_ozdu3vFVt41w9al5uo1_540.jpg

I lost my very first Multi two days ago. He was one of the original males. If my math is right, he'd be over three years old, plus how old he was when I got him as an adult.

EDIT: did some math, finally, the tank is 50 gallons. Oops :p

Last edited:
Some stuff has come up, I'm not sure if I'll be able to take pictures of the aquariums for a while. I'll update if I can.

I'll be able to update soon! As I said in my other thread, the holiday season messed up my water change schedule. (Not only that, but cyanobacteria has decided the tank's a lovely winter home :<)

Looks ugly, but the fish are still digging around.
I think flow hurts the cyanobacteria, so I moved the filter around to see if that does anything.
tumblr_p34sldJ5lA1w9al5uo1_540.jpg

tumblr_p34sldJ5lA1w9al5uo2_540.jpg

tumblr_p34sldJ5lA1w9al5uo3_540.jpg

I haven't been active on this site due to my water having ammonia in it. I'm currently in the very slow process of taking down my 90 and 50 gallon aquariums, but today I found something that'll make the process go a lot faster.
The 50 gallon has bubbles under the seams. They're tiny, but the general consensus is that they will someday be dangerous. 50 or so gallons of water on my floor is not something I want.
So, this thread (and my 90 and 20 gallons' threads) are probably over, and I'm not sure how active I'll be on here until I can downgrade everything, sell fish, etc

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back