55-75 Gallon Community Fish Tank

dcj38

Fish Crazy
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
355
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Fort Myers, Florida
Hi guys,

In January I am moving to a new house, and we are getting a 55-75 gallon community tank. I just wanted all of your opinions on what community fish would be nice in this tank. Can you guys suggest different shapes, sizes, and colors of fish.

Thanks,
Adam
 
a good sized school of tetra maybe cardinal or rummy noses, another school of corys and a nice center piece fish maybe gouramis (sp) sure you could probly have more fish than that but its just a thought.
 
A very large school of tetras, zebra danios, probably some clown loaches...Man you have so many choices. :)

Oh, yes, yes, corys...lot of corys :nod:
 
36+ cardinal + 5-6 angel and 6-7 cory cat perfect for that tank.
 
neon tetras :) also tetra wise, head&tail lites, glowlites, x-rays maybe some marble hatchets or harlequins- i also love albino, bronze and sterbai cory- in schools most of these fish will look great.
i also agree that a large school of danios will look great :D and some gouramis could certanatly brighten up the tank.
 
If you wanted a robust tank with lots of action, a school of giant danios would look good.
Like I said.
They are fast and very active, but their colors are blah.
If you just want a active tank, go for the danios.
If you're looking for something else....don't. :thumbs:
 
If you wanted a robust tank with lots of action, a school of giant danios would look good.
Like I said.
They are fast and very active, but their colors are blah.
If you just want a active tank, go for the danios.
If you're looking for something else....don't. :thumbs:


Giant danios' colours aren't blah! If in good health they've got great colours, bit mackerel-like in their patterning.
 
Hi guys,

In January I am moving to a new house, and we are getting a 55-75 gallon community tank. I just wanted all of your opinions on what community fish would be nice in this tank. Can you guys suggest different shapes, sizes, and colors of fish.

Thanks,
Adam
Indian Flasher Barbs are very nice. aka (Denisons Barb or Red Torpedo Barb), kinda expensive here but worth it I say.... Neon rainbowfish are nice too....
 
If you wanted a robust tank with lots of action, a school of giant danios would look good.
Like I said.
They are fast and very active, but their colors are blah.
If you just want a active tank, go for the danios.
If you're looking for something else....don't. :thumbs:


Giant danios' colours aren't blah! If in good health they've got great colours, bit mackerel-like in their patterning.
also zebra danios can have quite a lot of couler.
 
Wow, this is the most wonderful, beautiful, perfect fish I've ever seen!
Screw other fish, I'm goin to own Danios the rest of my life!
booooo.jpg

(Not making fun of Wolf by any means, sarcasm more)
 
A large school of black ruby barbs, the males have stunning colours. Although they look pale in stores, once they begin to feel like home they show their true colours..
 
I read about the torpedo barbs in FAMA magazine, and I think they are stunning fish, and from what I have read they are quite active...those would make a nice show school :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top