40 Gallon Tank

PRW1988

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Mar 27, 2007
Messages
2,066
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Well, I have a 40gallon tank currently set-up and running smoothly. I'm planning on making it a nice planted tank with Cabomba, Java Moss and Java ferns. The original stock I was thinking of was pure guppies and some cory catfish, now I'm think that this is a boring idea.

So, I've revised my stocking to be this.

4x Male guppies
12x Female guppies
12x Cory catfish (may do 6 albino, 6 green or pepper)
15x Cardinal/neon tetras.

Would this be alright do you guys think?

Also, I'm aware that the guppies will breed, the babies (the ones I decide to cull) will be for my girlfriends piranahs, aswell as my pyxie frog.
 
sounds like a good mix.

i would add the guppys first in 2-3 batches, followed by the corys and then i would add the tetras a couple of months later
 
Tank's already matured however, the filter was running on a 55gallon for a good 2 years. (oviously changed filter media once and a while.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top