38 Gallon Hex Stocking

Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So, I am going to be picking up a 38 Gallon Hexagon tank this week, and putting on my spare (cycled) Quietflow 30 on it. I am wondering what my stocking options are.

I like the idea of a pair of goldfish with snails and a bristlenose, or maybe a pair of angels with some corycats and a some type of schooling fish.

My water parameters are usually around 7.4 ph and Gh 100 -110 ppm.

So, I am going to be picking up a 38 Gallon Hexagon tank this week, and putting on my spare (cycled) Quietflow 30 on it. I am wondering what my stocking options are.

I like the idea of a pair of goldfish with snails and a bristlenose, or maybe a pair of angels with some corycats and a some type of schooling fish.

My water parameters are usually around 7.4 ph and Gh 100 -110 ppm.
What are the dimensions of the tank? You can keep a pair of angels in a 38 gallon, but with nothing else in it even corys. That tank would mean it would be a breeding tank for angelfish.

Problem is hex tanks don’t have a large footprint most of the time and would need to stock light on differnt levels, I would avoid angels to be honest , I’d opt for complete bottom dwellers like corys with a few tetra or smaller barbs for mid to high swim

Problem is hex tanks don’t have a large footprint most of the time and would need to stock light on differnt levels, I would avoid angels to be honest , I’d opt for complete bottom dwellers like corys with a few tetra or smaller barbs for mid to high swim
Okay. I don't have the actual tank yet, so I am not sure of dimensions. Maybe a bunch of cherry barbs and some pepper cories. I could probably move my female flag fish in there too, as long as it is heavily planted.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back